• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Vapers?

:D yep but whatever you do don't go for Aunty flo's pear drops it's a tank cracker if you don't have a glass tank :mad:

lol, I've just ordered that Kanger Protank and it has a glass tube but Aunty flo's pear drops doesn't sound appealing lol

Have you tried strawberry mivi and lemon meringue pie?? nom nom :D

Lol try and forget the Aunty Flo bit,it is seriously just like pear drops :) not tried those flavours yet.
I've got toasted teacakes,rosy apples,rhubarb crumble and custard (very nom nom)totally tropical and for a friday night vodka and lime :lol:
Where did you get the Kanger Protank from Rob?

Oh I've had rhubarb crumble, that's good! lol

Got the protank off Ebay for £12. The IT numpty at work pointed me to a listing for 10 bottom coils for the gs h2 for a tenner posted, only they aren't for those clearos they're for the Kanger, so i decided to try one of their tanks :)

I know what the general topical is but I'm getting lost in all the lingo!

I bought a e-cig last year for smoking on long haul flights (in the toilet obviously) but I don't really like it. As my better half is keeps going on to me about giving up maybe I should try vaping?

What would you recommend? I don't really fancy fruity flavours. If they had Salt and Vinegar though I'd never smoke again!

What would you recommend? I don't really fancy fruity flavours. If they had Salt and Vinegar though I'd never smoke again!

The thing is James it does require a bit of effort IMO, you've got to be pretty good at keeping batteries charged and your kit clean. Some people get a bit of hot juice in their mouth (Ooer! :eek:) lol and sack it off straight away. But if you persevere it's well worth it financially and for your health!

Best way to start is probably to get a starter kit so you get a couple of batteries, case, chargers etc. I got this one...

eGo-CE5+ long wick starter kit

The 1100 mah batteries should last a day each so as one dies, put the other on and get the spent one recharging again :)

The clearomisers, the bit that holds the liquids, there are millions of them. But I have found these to be excellent...

5 X Shisha pen GS-H2 clearomizer Atomiser Atomizer Fits EGO 510 Battery | eBay

These just screw to the batteries and are dead easy to refill, clean and have replaceable coils like these...

GS H2 Clearomizer Replacement Coils From £1.40p Each | eBay

So, as you use it the coils (that bit that burns the liquid) get clogged up. With good cleaning of the items (in hot tap water or put in a mug then cover and swill in boiling kettle water) you can use these for a number of days, even a couple of weeks. Once the flavour starts to go just replace the bottom coil and you're good as new. Flusing these with hot water is usually enough to keep them clean for a while. I may fill the tank 3 or 4 times between cleans. If you get gurgling or fluid in your mouth you can just take the clearomiser off the battery, turn it upside down (to avoid spilling the contents) and blow through it into a tissue/force some tissue down the mouthpiece (always have a piece of bog roll handy :D lol). It's trial and error but once you have done it it makes sense.

As for juices, there are millions and you just have to find what you like. I don't get on with baccy flavours and tend to go for weird things, Mojito's, deserts etc. You just have to find what you like but start with small bottles (10ml should last 3 or 4 days at least) and then you can sample a few. Alchemists Cupboard are great flavours and do 5 x 10mm bottles for less than £20. You're supposed to let the some juices 'steep' after receiving them so the flavours bond together, i'm usually into them straight away lol. But leave for a week after getting them open capped in a cupboard and just give a shake and they're good to go.

You'll probably see PG & VG ratio mentioned...

What Does % PG/%VG Mean? What Kind Of E-Liquid Do I Order?

Don't worry about it. I've used (PG/VG) 60/40, 70/30, 80/20, 50/50 and usually can't tell the difference. Most I buy these days I don't even know what they are lol

And that's about it short of vaping for you :D

Don't worry about it. I've used (PG/VG) 60/40, 70/30, 80/20, 50/50 and usually can't tell the difference. Most I buy these days I don't even know what they are lol
Normally with heavy VG liquids you get a thicker cloud of vapour but I have always found that heavy VG makes the coils clog up quicker so I stick to 70/30 and that is enough. The thicker vapour is only for the "smoking" effect. :) But whatever takes your fancy really!

How easy did you find it coming off the fags Bertie?

As I say, I smoked for 50 years and this is the only thing that has stopped me. I have not had one since I started vaping, and I used to use up to three large packs of rolling baccy per week!! I still fancy one every now and then but I just have a few extra tokes on the thing and it is all ok. In fact I can smell people that smoke and it does not smell nice any more. :D

I gave up smoking around 16 years ago. Nicotine is still bad for you no matter how you get it in your system. Humans seem such an addictive species, alcohol, fags, drugs, gambling, food, shopping....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I lot has changed in the vaping scene since I tried it and left !! It did help to bring my ciggies per day down from 10 to 5 though. Its the "scheduled" smokes, after meals, with alcohol, etc that make quitting hard.

I've not struggled with that. It was work when I really liked a fag, to get away from the desk every now and then. All others were just habit. I've been a year vaping next week, bought 10 cigs a week for the first few months but not bought cigarettes for over 2 months now, and only smoked 2 cadged ones in that period. Really have lost interest in smoking.

May be a different story when I get my fishing rods back out in spring though, night fishing, early rises and coffee and cig by a lake as the sun rises was a rather enjoyable moment :D lol

Back