• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ph test fluid in drop checker?

Henry

I'm in a bit of a jam. I'm down to the last few drops of indicator fluid for my drop checker, making the colour virtually unreadable. There are no local suppliers, and mail order would take too long to arrive before any damage is done by incorrect CO2 levels. There is a Pets At Home just up the road, and they sell liquid Ph tests. Could I use this in my drop checker, or does it need mixing with 4dKH water etc? If so, is anyone around Salford who has some handy? :)

It's a newly set up tank, so stunted growth and algae at this stage could be fairly catastrophic. There's only a couple of shrimp in there at the mo though, so I suppose I could oust them to another tank and just crank it.

The API pH test bottle is just Bromothymol Blue, so is exactly the same as your "indicator fluid". They are identical

Bloody hell, yes! They're just around the corner from my campus, in fact! I've been there in the past, but couldn't see anything of use to a planted enthusiast. Maybe they keep the proper stuff in the stock room for internet sales, and save the algaecides for the shelves :D

Back