• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Parosphromenus (gold dust)

At the minute it is just inquiring, it would be 6 to 12 months before I have a tank even ready for them. It would be a project once my current main tank and shrimp tank are complete. But before I planned for it I'd like to know it was possible to get hold of them. My thinking is if I know I can get a certain paro I could determine what exactly I would require for a suitable aquarium.

I was looking at either paros or dwarf puffer fish for the next tank but I would need to do more research on both before acquiring them.

Maidenhead Aquatics occasionally have some in stock (sometimes even with the right species name!). Otherwise Colin Dunlop over at The Fish Hut gets them in occasionally, although it depends heavily on demand. They crop up now and again at decent LFS. Certainly not impossible and you've plenty of time to track some down; the trickiest thing is getting some with an accurate species ID. Try not to buy unspecified ones (or anything labled as P. deissneri).

Parosphromeus Project has lots of very good husbandry information and may also be able to put you in touch with any breeders in your area, although this is pretty hit and miss in the UK.

Hi all,
I had a look the other day at the Fish Hut site (after looking at about 500 Dario dario that were all male) and he hasn't posted anything new since 01-12-2013, but I haven't looked on Facebook
I’m taking a break from importing fish just now while I take care of a few things… I am currently renovating The Fish Hut and have spent the last few months concentrating on a poison dart frog project, so many of my tanks have been turned over to vivariums for the time being.

In late January or early February I will check out the fish lists and see if there are any new fish on the go, and see what interest there is for them.

In the meantime check out The Fish Hut on Facebook!

cheers Darrel

Back