• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dan and Andy's crypt

e6eta7a8.jpg

mypehemy.jpg

epy3uhyg.jpg

ry9aje8e.jpg

abeja4uz.jpg

Come home to find a tank full of lemonade today very happy with the new co2 setup.

Just a few close up pearling pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• e6eta7a8.jpg
    e6eta7a8.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 69
  • mypehemy.jpg
    mypehemy.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 72
  • epy3uhyg.jpg
    epy3uhyg.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 73
  • ry9aje8e.jpg
    ry9aje8e.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 73
  • abeja4uz.jpg
    abeja4uz.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 74
Well nearly a month into this I'm very pleased with the growth the glosso has started to spread nicely and so far is staying pinned down.
Everything else is making steady progress the crypts are starting to bounce back and are showing some new leaves.
This weekend I've added a co2 drop checker don't really need it as yet I've no livestock in here so not concerned about gassing fish but was curious to the colour I would get turns out to be day glow yellow (lots of co2 ) still dosing liquid carbon at 5ml daily and 5mm every other day of tnc complete oh and there are a couple of tnc plugs 1 under the glosso and one in middle of the crypts combined with the john Innes substrate I think I'm on top of the nutrient side the tank pearls daily usually starting about 6.30 in the evening and increasing throughout till lights out and by 10 o clock it's like a glass of lemonade I've cut water changes back to 40 litres and every other day I'm averaging a tds of 140 ppm and a ph of 6.2 to 6.4 which Andy tells me is good.
I've removed the microphylia from the back right corner and planted some amazon swords the micro was acting like filter floss near the filter intakes and constantly looked dirty which I didn't like I've also planted a few stems of cabomba in front of the heater to hide it a easy common plant I know but I've always liked it and after all it's not so much a scape anymore just a collection of plants I like hopefully one day becoming a dense jungle for my shrimp.

A few update pics

ugugubuz.jpg

amese2yt.jpg

jy5y2uqy.jpg

avusu8e3.jpg

e9ahuru6.jpg

hugasave.jpg

e6utepyr.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ugugubuz.jpg
    ugugubuz.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 63
  • amese2yt.jpg
    amese2yt.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 68
  • jy5y2uqy.jpg
    jy5y2uqy.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 77
  • avusu8e3.jpg
    avusu8e3.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 65
  • e9ahuru6.jpg
    e9ahuru6.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 84
  • hugasave.jpg
    hugasave.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 71
  • e6utepyr.jpg
    e6utepyr.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 71
Looks smart mate :) good plant health !

How many bps you getting on the co2 ??

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

Hard to say its a steady stream in the counter but in the diffuser itself I'd say about 2 bps I'm not concerned about chucking to much in there at the minute I will be changing the co2 setup for a larger bottle and solenoid/reg and needle valve at the minute it's just a hobby weld disposable gas bottle a basic reg all I do is unscrew the reg at night and screw it back on in the morning wasting co2 I'm sure but so far it's lasted 2 weeks and I've another two full bottles to go at so should see me into spring been a busy day today Sam and not had chance to parcel up that moss but you will have it before the weeks out

Looking very healthy dan. The e.reni has a lovely colour to it. I find this plant very slow growing though.
Yes it hasn't grown much but that's pleased me to some degree as I was concerned it might take over at this rate the glosso is going to the one to dominate I can't believe how quickly it's growing very pleased so far

First bottle of co2 ran out today it's done 15 days and been averaging 12 hours a day not the most economical way I know but just been relying on me screwing the reg onto the bottle before leaving for work then off again when I get in all the same I've another two bottles to go at till I get fit up with a reg solonoid and needle valve and another 5 kg bottle

Possibly I have 3 pots that are wait to go into the 180 Andy May want some left overs anything spare I'll send to you the way it's growing in the 125 it won't be long before I trimming it so will defiantly be a supply in the near future will keep you posted

Ok fair enough I was checking out your last posts again and you said it was growing well and it's been a long time since I've grown glosso ,
Cheers ;)

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

Yeah it's doing great in the 125 it's spreading quickly sending out runners it's already touching the front glass and I can see some substantial roots growing down into the substrate I'll sort you some this week and get it in the lost will message on here day in send it

Back