• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tmc sig ,cardinal city

Barryg

Hi my name is Barry and I am a huge reef fanatic. But I kept planted years back and really wanted another crack.
The tanks been running 3 weeks now and us making great progress.

image_zpsf593fb2e.jpg

Attachments

• image_zpsf593fb2e.jpg
    image_zpsf593fb2e.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 77
Looks very promising, and a wise choice of tank.
Thanks.
The substrate is acadama , petrified wood for scape and I have dwarf Sagittaria carpet at the rear and hair grass at the front. Co2, 2 drops ps. Vimi
Ferts , liquid carbon and remin ro.
Thanks

Thanks mate kind if u. I am sure someone will come along and see how many mistakes I've made ;)

I got the rock from green machine , nearly choked at the price if it ;)

yep nice tank think it will look superb when the plants are grown in a bit:) i to like the emerged part of the tank gives the scape an extra dimension .

well after 4 weeks now being set up i am very pleased to see the tank without a trace of algae in sight and haven't evn cleaned the glass at all .
Is this normal or am i just doing something correct ? the plants are growing like mad but the only issue is i have the tmc co2 drop checker and i keep ramping up the co2 but can't get the vial anywhere near lime !
the instructions tell u to fill the vial with tank water which is silly to me . i have used the 4 duh solution which i believe to be correct
cheers

Yeah you've done the right thing not using tank water in the dc, it can show misleading results due to various acids present in the tank water. 4dkh water is correct with a few drops of low range ph reagent mixed in too.....the dc is basically a ph test kit which reacts to changes in acidity caused by co2 gas exchange. You can add as much co2 as you like whilst there is no fauna in the tank and the plants will thank you for it as they already seem to be :) The dc is a good guide, but that is all it is, once the livestock go in its all about balancing co2, light and distribution.
You are doing everything right at the minute so don't worry and carry on.....it's nice to be doing it correct :)
Cheerios,
Ady

Yeah you've done the right thing not using tank water in the dc, it can show misleading results due to various acids present in the tank water. 4dkh water is correct with a few drops of low range ph reagent mixed in too.....the dc is basically a ph test kit which reacts to changes in acidity caused by co2 gas exchange. You can add as much co2 as you like whilst there is no fauna in the tank and the plants will thank you for it as they already seem to be :) The dc is a good guide, but that is all it is, once the livestock go in its all about balancing co2, light and distribution.
You are doing everything right at the minute so don't worry and carry on.....it's nice to be doing it correct :)
Cheerios,
Ady

Thanks ady. I'll post some pics next week for progress.
Cheers.

image_zps0e1b8c5d.jpg
Last weeks picture.
Having to trim the week as it's going bananas. ;)

Back