• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium Plant Sellers??

Scapefu

Hi everyone,

Other than fellow hobbyists, where do you buy your aquarium plants from? How's the quality?

Thanks and regards,

Art

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I buy mine from aquaessentials.co.uk
The quality is great- they are packaged very carefully.

They stock Tropica and Aquafleur plants. As long as you are buying either Tropica or Aquafleur plants, and the retailer packages them and stores them correctly, they will be good quality.

Aside from Aquaessentials, other great retailers are aquariumgardens.co.uk and plantsalive.co.uk

I'm fairly new to this hobby, and I can safely say that aquaessentials.co.uk are by far the best company I have dealt with. The customer service that I've received in the past is literally some of the best customer service I've received from any company, and that is not just limited to this hobby/industry.

Their orders are always very well packaged, and products arrive in perfect condition every time.

I can honestly say that I would use AE for every purchase that I can do. I will only go elsewhere if they don't have what I want in stock.

All you have to do is read some of the product reviews on their site to get a brief idea of how good they are to deal with.

As with the chaps above - Aqua Essentials, I have just received my first delivery (ever) from them and very impressed. The packaging was first rate and obvious care was taken when wrapping up the potted anubias (leaves neatly wrapped so no breakages) and the 1-2-Grow tubs were double bagged etc. I have not tried other sellers and don't think I will need to :)

I buy most of mine from Aqua Essentials as the quality is always good. The service is also good.

I recently ordered some from another shop (I won't say which at this point) and I'm starting to wish I hadn't - 2 weeks on and they still haven't completed my order. The guy has said twice now that he'll send them on Monday - guess what...... it's Friday and I've still not received my plants!

Echoing the above Aqua Essentials are easily the best I have used, big healthy plants, great prices and quick delivery. After trying a few other places and being disappointed, since finding AE I will always try to use them if they have what I want...

I buy most of mine from Aqua Essentials as the quality is always good. The service is also good.

I recently ordered some from another shop (I won't say which at this point) and I'm starting to wish I hadn't - 2 weeks on and they still haven't completed my order. The guy has said twice now that he'll send them on Monday - guess what...... it's Friday and I've still not received my plants!

They are probably waiting for them to arrive from Malaysia or wherever. Lots of suppliers have wonderful plants lists but don't stock the bulk of the items. They wait until they have enough orders and then buy them in.

That's one of the reasons so many are plugging AE on here. They tell you what's in stock and despatch their orders the same day, if there is a problem with your order you can rest assured you will be contacted pronto.

Harry.

P@H sell Tropica plants so they are good quality. MA sell Aquafleur, which are also nice but bloody expensive.

other great retailers are aquariumgardens.co.uk and plantsalive.co.uk
both of these order plants from asia so are not shrimp safe due to pesticides and the latter company has the most ironic name for any plant vendor going as they are TERRIBLE!!!
Before buying from any online retailer do 'advanced search' on the name as most have been discussed at length previously.
Freshwatershrimp, AquaEssentials or green machine(most expensive) are the shops of choice.

Echo the above about Aqua Essentials, not only are their plants good quality, they package them so carefully before posting!
I have also bought plants from P@H, depends on the store location, some I have seen are good at keeping their plants, some are terrible..

One thing to bear in mind:

While Aquafleur are fantastic quality, and probably as good as Tropica, Aquafleur are grown submersed, which means they don't travel as easily. Especially the stem plants tend to dry out, no matter how well they are packaged. Emersed grown plants tend to cope better with travel. Just my experience :)

Living Waters Croydon. Father and son team who are very knowledgable and helpful

One thing to bear in mind:

While Aquafleur are fantastic quality, and probably as good as Tropica, Aquafleur are grown submersed, which means they don't travel as easily. Especially the stem plants tend to dry out, no matter how well they are packaged. Emersed grown plants tend to cope better with travel. Just my experience :)

Aquafleur plants are produced emersed in a greenhouse in the Netherlands. Since producing plants submersed takes far more energy for lighting and heating, is far more sensitive for algae, and since the plants will be harder to handle and don't look that nice in sellers tanks, all large European brands grow their plants emersed. There are however differences between the humidity in the greenhouses, a higher humidity means thinner leaves that dry out faster.

Really? Their plants are kept submersed in all the MA tanks.

And yes, they dry out super quick!

Back