• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Simple snail question

malabarpuffer

Seedling
I've got an unidentified pest snail species and ramshorn in a tank that I'm raising for my future puffer fish. I've been putting cucumber in but (surprise surprise) it floats. I'm a little confused as to how often I should feed them and what? I put some algae discs in from a pet store and they ignore those but seem to like cucumber.

I wouldn't worry about the cucumber floating, they'll find it eventually. You might be best off putting in a little pinch of regular fish food, as I've read that they breed quicker on protein rich foods. No need to over think it though, they'll breed like mad no matter what.

If you want to stop the cucumber floating, try putting a clean teaspoon through it to weigh it down, or use a screwcumber, like Henry says though, protein foods may help. Try something like Tetra wafer mix it has protein vits and algea,

Back