• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cheap low-standing ADA 60P stand ideas

Peter Bennett

Seedling
Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a cheap stand for my 60P. I know that there are some really cool DIY plans out there but I've got no tools/no DIY nous to pull off something like that...

Plus, I want to fit the tank into an empty fireplace space so the stand needs to be quite low standing (H: 50cm).

I've been looking for at a few TV stands but none of them are rated to take the weight of the tank. I've also tried looking through a load of local secondhand furniture stores for something suitable but came up short.

Does anyone have any suggestions for something that might work?

Piles of brick, or blocks topped with a cut to size piece of thick wood, painted or covered with a piece of fabric?

the IKEA kitchen units hold up for sure....I'm using them for my 300ltr tank without any problems and you can even choose a color that would match
2013-08-03224545_zps37663c63.jpg

I used a side panel as cover

I'd want to add some additional 2x4's inside the IKEA cabinet for extra structural support...especially if I was putting an ADA tank on it!

So I got the stand today and put it all together -- looks really great.

e7uvumyd.jpg

9ubahavu.jpg

Will look into to strengthening it with some 2x4 just to be double safe. I'm dry starting it so will have some time to tinker before the water weight is added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I got the stand today and put it all together -- looks really great.

e7uvumyd.jpg

9ubahavu.jpg

Will look into to strengthening it with some 2x4 just to be double safe. I'm dry starting it so will have some time to tinker before the water weight is added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks nice... Not much room for your kit with that cat in there too... :p

I'd want to add some additional 2x4's inside the IKEA cabinet for extra structural support...especially if I was putting an ADA tank on it!

I used 3 cabinets of 40cm, this gave me already extra support. I could have used 2 of 60cm in which case I would have used some 2x4's.
My tank is atleast 500kg (probebly even more) and so far no problems, even the doors are still perfectly straight. Anyway, I would use them again for sure.

i'm thinking to a new ada tank 60P would be nice but not sure
i have a best but it doesn't seem so strong, the top is empty

what is a 2X4?
how do you fix top on ikea kitchen cabinets?

Back