• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Underwater Trees

Rasbora

OK, it's a matter of personal taste, but personally, I trend for aquascapes containing underwater trees (you know, wood with plants on the top to mimic branches) ... distasteful. Where's it all going to end? Underwater skyscrapers? Underwater rubbish dumps? Personally, I can't see the point.

But maybe you think differently :)

Rant over!

Me too. But not in aquascapes. I'm pro-tree. I'm even pro-bonsai. But there are limits.

But there are limits.
I think that UKAPS has shown me that there is no limits to what you can do. Yes it is all down to personal preference and while it is not really to my taste I don't think I could compare to buildings and rubbish as trees are part of nature.

That one's OK, it's the ones with the complete minature "trees" I don't like because they look like nothing in nature. Doesn't have to be a fully accurate biotope, just something reasonably resembling reality.

I take
OK, it's a matter of personal taste, but personally, I trend for aquascapes containing underwater trees (you know, wood with plants on the top to mimic branches) ... distasteful. Where's it all going to end? Underwater skyscrapers? Underwater rubbish dumps? Personally, I can't see the point.

But maybe you think differently :)

Rant over!
I take It your no good at it then:p for my next scape you have me thinking I may go for the sky scraper look as it hasn't been done, nice one.;)

Reactions: tim
That one's OK, it's the ones with the complete minature "trees" I don't like because they look like nothing in nature. Doesn't have to be a fully accurate biotope, just something reasonably resembling reality.
Your backtracking mate :lol: Sorry shameless self promotion there ;) I do see your point but it's all subjective mate this is one of my favourite scapes, a while ago now but depicts a lot of uk front gardens in rented properties http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/without-foundation-james-maslin.5913/page-3#post-74492:bored::bawling: I love this scape.:clap:

Maybe we should reflect real life and have a shopping trolley in our scapes or an obligatory placky bag...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm now thinking burnt out car, trainers hanging from phone cables lindy.:D

Reactions: tim
There is sort of a running debate on this, specifically with regard to IAPLC entries here http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/iaplc-top-27.29450/
But however you feel about diorama type scapes you still have to admire the creativity, hard work, skill and dedication required to produce a world class example.
It's by no means an extreme example; it's perhaps more naturescape...but this one posted by Viktor a while back is pretty awesome...don't you think?
8701146855_da2b7ff083_b.jpg

Last edited:
I dont see the problem with them tbh and Ive seen lots of well exectuted scapes.

The mountain range/landscape types of scape are emulating a view and its only natural that you'd want to emulate trees as they are so prevalent in nature.

done badly then no, it just looks a bugger

I don't see what's wrong with underwater tree's, I know that nobody mentioned its not natural, but to me it looks it. I mean none of the "hand made" trees in a aquarium actually look like a tree to me and I live in front of a woods. What's to say where some of these fish come from that there's not tree roots in the water, with some kind of moss or algae growing on them, there for giving the same (close enough) effect shown in the scape above and other tree scape's I've seen.

Also with regards to what's natural I'm sure I read on here somewhere all of our tanks are not actually natural in a matter of speaking, as where all our plants come from there not actually no way near as healthy or good looking , but because we make a perfect environment in the tank they can grow much better, artificial looking. If that makes sense, all though to me all aquascapes look amazing and natural imo, I mean my tank has a dragon ornament in the tank, I know that's not going to be found where my fish are from lol, but I guess its just down to each individual, if I had the skill to make a aquarium like the one above, then maybe I would be more judgemental, and be like well that's not right, I would do it this way etc. But yeah I know nobody mentioned what's natural but I think they look normal, and gives a nice focal point to the tank.

I wouldn't make them personally but with all things artistic I stick to the Dirty Harry school of thought - "Opinions are like a##holes. Everybody has one" :D

Back