• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lower leaves dying off

Rob P

I've a couple of varieties i've trimmed a few times now and replanted the tops, the leaves at the bottom after a period of time start to yellow and then come away, whilst the middle and tops remain healthy and growing until toppd again.

Can this prevented or is it normal?

Ta,
Rob

I also experienced this, it is most of the time the lights that cannot reach the lower sections of the plants and this causes it to fall off and die.

Ime it's lack of co2 around the base of the plants.

I have a rear spraybar and inline atty that push the bubbles down the front glass and back along the substrate, so this suggestion is IMPOSSIBLE!!! :D lol

I really hope it's not co2 related...

I have a rear spraybar and inline atty that push the bubbles down the front glass and back along the substrate, so this suggestion is IMPOSSIBLE!!! :D lol

Must need more light then ;) no seriously if plants become too thick or hardscape blocks flow around the base leaves drop I'm suffering the same issue in my 90cm at the moment the blyxa and hardscape are blocking flow to the stems, rob mate it's always co2 :)

Better get used to disappointment...

I also experienced this, it is most of the time the lights that cannot reach the lower sections of the plants and this causes it to fall off and die.
Useful Klingon phrases:
Where's the toilet? = nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'?
Get well soon. = tugh bIpIvchoHjaj
My hovercraft is full of eels. = lupDujHomwIj luteb gharghmey

Cheers,

Back