• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Blackwater Bayou

DTL

esene5az.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think the steel frame will be taking the weight?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I think the steel frame will be taking the weight?
Not convinced on weight supporting ability. Most shelving like this, with bolt'able uprights are only rated 300Kg max. We have issues at work with quite expensive shelving, rated at 250Kg, bending the shelf on the attachment nuts when less than 100Kg was placed on a shelf.

May be wrong of course.

Unless of course it has been custom made from 2inch steel angle, in which case it will sink through the floor before the shelving unit deforms. :).

Shelves are rated at 275 kg, and that was with original 8mm MDF boards which I've replaced with 12 mm ply.
Each shelf will hold two 50L tanks so no more than 150kg evenly dispersed, two double interlaced connection tabs per corner, so 19KG per tab.
Should be fine, but will obviously monitor.

For this project I have some livestock being imported so couldn't wait for a custom build. I originally ordered a pair of Dennerle 60L cubes, but the seller couldn't deliver, so I've settled for a pair of Scaper's tanks which I'll be picking up tomorrow from the depot after a failed delivery today (as usual):(

Brilliant, I'm hoping to get some once I've set up the new tank. After I've moved that is, not going to get fish until then

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back