• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Has anyone used python no spill

If you need to dechlorinate your water attaching that straight to the tap wouldn't work, unless I'm not fully understanding it of course. :)

hmm bit pricy theres a thread on here somewhere with a diy solution wich looked better

diy water changer by london dragon in the diy section :)
i think those that use this sort of system add declorinator to the tank before topping up :)

most mains water is treated with it so most peep use water a product such as tap safe or aquacare water conditioner to remove it if u dont have fish in the tank its not really needed:)

1. Careful they come with a US threaded hose/tap fitting. Easily sorted at plumbers merchant.
2. Use about 1gallon of water for every 3-6 gallons they draw out of your tank. This water is all wasted going down the drain.
3. Put cold water into you tank unless you have a mixer tap.
4. You will need to add dechlorinator to the tank before filling.
5. A faff to get all the water out of the tubing afterwards.

Otherwise quite painless way to draw water out your tank, to kitchen sink, then fill up tank again.

I always do my water changes just using tap water i have never had a problem:eek:. Thanks Ian i was unaware about the fittings being different.
I was only going to use cold water anyway. Allan i have tried to find his post but i cannot find it:(
What are the best ways to do water changes with less mess? Thanks

I pump old water onto front lawn.

Full 160litre butt with water and dechlorinator and heat/warm.

Pump into tank.

No buckets needed.

1. Careful they come with a US threaded hose/tap fitting. Easily sorted at plumbers merchant.
2. Use about 1gallon of water for every 3-6 gallons they draw out of your tank. This water is all wasted going down the drain.
3. Put cold water into you tank unless you have a mixer tap.
4. You will need to add dechlorinator to the tank before filling.
5. A faff to get all the water out of the tubing afterwards.

Otherwise quite painless way to draw water out your tank, to kitchen sink, then fill up tank again.

Sorry Ian, I just have a few modifications against point 1 and 5
1. I bought mine from the US years ago(Aqueon water changer) and it fitted perfectly to one of my taps.
5. The water gets out completely of the hoses using the same tap water pressure as if emptying the tank but the siphon end is out of the water so the tap draws the remaining water out of the hose.

I honestly would be lost without mine, the best investment for my fish tanks I ever made.

The JBL one suggested above works exactly like mine.

Back