• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Original UP New Inline CO2 Atomizer Diffuser System Available now on CO2Art!

Thanks for great service Karol. Very happy!

New Inline atomiser:

uzyzudah.jpg

End piece with rubber seal:
5azu7y7u.jpg

Internal Rubber to seal ceramic:
una2y2e9.jpg

Ceramic:
umuhyqy7.jpg

Ceramic inside:
a4a3u6ad.jpg

Overall looks good, opens easily enough, just a little pressure with an adjustable spanner and it comes off nicely. Thread feels nice when removing endcaps, not 'sticky' or hard to unscrew.

Hosetails seem to have better barbs to grip the filter hose with. This was one of my concerns with the original model. I used these in the past due to this, but this new version looks better in that respect. Co2 nut also seems vastly improved.
When the whole unit is nipped back up, it feels very robust and as if it's not made to come apart.

Will keep you up to date with how it mists tonight.
Cheers,
N
Nice little review there nath, shall make this my next purchase when mine are due replacement, looks very easy to clean the membrane, if only they sold a spare membrane it'd save replacing the atomiser every 6 months.

Nice little review there nath, shall make this my next purchase when mine are due replacement, looks very easy to clean the membrane, if only they sold a spare membrane it'd save replacing the atomiser every 6 months.

I think they will do replacement parts mate. Maybe get onto Karol at co2-art. See if they can be sourced, and if actually viable cost -wise.

Reactions: tim
It would be nice if they did them for filters with the larger sized hoses. ;)

Hello,

Good news, I have confirmation from UP that all accessories are available. We will have all spare parts available in around month time.

Bertie, in regard to bigger size I'm afraid that more likely this won't be implemented, as ceramics would need to be modify (production issues) and you would need very high pressure to run this; not sure if any of aquarium regulators would be able to run such diffuser.

In my opinion easiest solution is hose reducer, or just external pump with smaller hosing running water in circle. This would improve water flow and you can install diffuser on inlet so CO2 will dissolve completely before get out of circle.

Last edited:
So here's my thoughts (I'll be editing this post as I do more testing and some videos)

Well with the atomizer in the outlet of the filter you get a nice fine mist, there's no co2 getting stuck in the spray bar and everything works nice, much better than using the bazooka.

I'm currently trying to run it on the inlet. I run the tetratec ex1200 very light, 10ppi prefilter, trays are 1st 30 ppi sponge, 2nd-4th thin single layer of red ceramic rings in each tray, it's probably 1/4 full of media. So far no burping other than when I knock the filter. There was a slight audiable crapped knocking guessing when the mist hits the impeller. This was causing the filter to vibrate which I solved by sitting the filter on one of the inch thick sponges that came with the filter. There is now a slight hum from the filter not that loud probably around 30db which is quite whisper level.

Now there's no misting in the tank but I'll have to wait a while for my tank to settle as I thought I'd clean out my filter while I was doing this and this always kicks out a load of crap when I do that. I'll probably put up a video tomorrow some time and update this post on how it's running.

Brilliant feedback mate. Sounds promising on the inlet side of things.
What kind of bubble count are you running?

Brilliant feedback mate. Sounds promising on the inlet side of things.
What kind of bubble count are you running?

Crazy bubbles, about 4-6 a second on a 125l tank. I'm using the easy-aqua-bubble-counter-professional Don't know why my bubble count is so high but I'm still tweaking it to get my drop checker lime green.

So the atomizer has been running into the filter inlet for around 20 hours now. The knocking noise has gone, I can no longer hear the filter running. There's been no bubbles being trapped, haven't heard the filter burp and there's no air trapped in the spray bar. So looking good on that front.

As you can see no bubbles from the spray bar, just my tank badly in need of a big water change. I was hoping that the improved dissolution would of me requiring less bubbles per minute but I guess I still need to up that some more to get the line green.

Excellent, that's just what I hoping to hear!
Going to get one ordered and hope I have the same luck.
There must be smaller/finer mist being created by the new ceramic that dissolves better inside the filter.
so fingers crossed for no more burps and squeaks!

1st impressions... Excellent! Minute bubbles when running on INLET of filter. Literally just to say visible with nose pressed against glass.

Not a drip in sight. Hoses nipped up nicely with plastic nuts ( struggled to get Hose off barbs without nut on, nevermind with!!! )

Really impressed. A huge improvement on the old model. :D

Cheers,
N
That made me chuckle mate, nose against glass now that's close unless you own a big nose.:D what a great design the new one is.

Right, ordering one now as I run two at the moment one from each filter and my spare is now leaking:'( hopefully. I too can experiment with moving to the inlet of my jbl e1501's with no burping, they're usually pretty good so once received I'll install on one filter and see how it goes then hopefully grab another next month:D

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

No on the outlet it looks like someone is smoking behind the wood
The 2217 has different in/outlet sizes so i went with the safe option
If i hear good things i will buy the other size to try it
I was putting it straight into the inlet before i bought the "up" without any burping but i just have 2coarse sponges in there

Anyone else having issues with these not liking eheim 16/22 hose? Doesn't grip or tighten down :-S is this how they should be, my previous versions are fine and I have no issues with tube fitment.

Anyone else having issues with these not liking eheim 16/22 hose? Doesn't grip or tighten down :-S is this how they should be, my previous versions are fine and I have no issues with tube fitment.

Hi,
My one does not grip 16/22 eheim hose either. I have attached mine to the hose with Worm Clips and that solves the problem.

Hello everyone,

Today, I decided to clean this atomizer and I need to say, I'm bit negatively surprised. When I tired to take CO2 tubing off, small plastic nipple just snapped off with not much force!

1_grande.jpg

I never had issues with our Intense (GLA) Atomizers!

Looks like material used in UP atomisers is not as good as it should be! I've already reported this issue to UP, I hope they will change this ASAP.

Good news I found solution for this problem. Our extension adapter for splitters will fit perfectly.

2_grande.jpg

We here at CO2Art want to be 100% fair with you so firstly we want to warn you about this issue! Secondly to be fair to all our existing customers who purchased this product we will give you this adapter completely for free! If similar situation will happen to you. Just, contact us and we will send you adapter at no cost to you.

Unfortunately we won't be able to offer this to all new customers, so please take this into consideration that you may need to buy such adapter.
Alternatively you can buy GLA Atomizer from our website. We sold 100s of Intense atomisers and never had any issues with it.

As soon as we hear from UP we will let you know.

Best regards
Karol

Wow great. When the first nipple went I thought it was me being heavy handed, when the same thing happened on the replacement I bought, I give up and shoved them in my big box of spares. I'll be getting in contact with you about the extension adapter for splitters. Could I also suggest that you look into maybe getting the ISTA Max Mix CO2 Reactor Diffuser (mediums) in stock :D

Back