• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Very sad :( She was an excellent dedicated & protective mother to the last.......

Hopefully you can raise her brood onwards mate.

Sorry for your loss.
Did you manage to recover the eggs? Stripping mouth brooders is fairly common in the cichlid world not sure about other fish though

Oh mate I feel for you this is terrible.....

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Yes it was. Seriously gutting. They're like family to me. Id had her for a long time too.
Really sorry to hear that mate, terrible news..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks lee

Sorry to hear that Alastair! :(
Cheers pal
Such a shame mate :(
Tjsnks mate. Truly gutted.

Sorry to hear this mate :( do you have any ideas what may have happened?
Non mate. No physical signs of disease or wounds. The only thing I noticed was a seriously bad smell but shed not been dead long by her colour.
Gutted mate :(
thanks pal

That's sad news indeed. I do hope that you can safe the eggs
I wished so too martin but no such luck. They were dead too :(
Very sad :( She was an excellent dedicated & protective mother to the last.......

Hopefully you can raise her brood onwards mate.

Couldnt have said it any better myself mate. Really couldnt. The length of time the mums go with out food whilst holding is a true testament to willpower and care.
Such a shame, realy beautiful fish, and pregnant... chocolate guramis are awesome, are a good example of how beauty can be in the more tiny and sober things :(
Thank you Robert. Very very kind words.
This is very sad news and there isn't anything else that you can do. Worth a try though, you never know.
:(
Sorry for your loss.
Did you manage to recover the eggs? Stripping mouth brooders is fairly common in the cichlid world not sure about other fish though
Had no luck. They too had travelled onwards and upwards which is even worse......
Truly sorry to hear that Alastair :(

Thanks four50. Really kind

Oh man:(.I don't know how i missed this. I am really sorry to hear this. I'm truly sorry for your loss mate.

Thanks faizal. Really kind words. Seems my really long lived male is not looking to good either. Had him for the last 4 years. Just sat in the corner with his mouth to the surface :(

Just sat in the corner with his mouth to the surface
He has been a busy boy with all those girls to chase so I suppose this is just natural? Fish may have survived longer in captivity(i don't know how long they usually live in the wild or captivity?) but yours have been breeding, competing to breed and generally living life to the full. There is probably a young male waiting to take his place.

Nice thoughts Lindy! They both certainly seem to have fulfilled their evolutionary/parental potentials :angelic:

Hi Folks, I was oop north last week so dropped Alastair a line and arranged to come visit this epic piece of genius.

What can I say? Well, whilst Alastair's house is not a public aquarium - It certainly should be! The Chocolate Lake is even nicer than you may imagine, it seems impossible to use cameras to capture it's brilliance. The first thing that struck me was the water clarity, so many times have I seen vast aquariums like this and they are often cloudy, this was gin clear from end to end. The fish are simply stunning, especially the Liquorice Gouramis. Both flora and fauna were so healthy it was sickening LOL

This was one heck of a project to have undertaken and a huge round of applause is deserved for persevering with it, fair play mate.

Being able to sit and watch your fish explore the fantastic home you've created must surely make it all worth while :clap:

Back