• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Winners Of Sony World Photography Awards 2014

The first one is the only one I don't really like, but just because, as a Fishkeeper, I think the editing is silly.

I'm struggling to pick a favourite out of the others though, perhaps "Rodeo". They are all so good, thanks for sharing the link!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are fabulous but the horse fighting one doesn't feel right. If it were a dog fight would it still be acceptable? I wondered if it had been a chance meeting between stallions but the crowd would suggest not.

Absolutely right.

Who's that taking care of the ro in pic six, under the hut.:) spooky.

awesome link thanks for sharing, amazing

Some really fun images there. I think those Chinese cormorant fisherman must all be professional photographic models by now though.

That fisherman must be in a million such photos, so hardly original and shouldn't have been part of a pretty good selection otherwise. Just my opinion of course!

That fisherman must be in a million such photos, so hardly original and shouldn't have been part of a pretty good selection otherwise. Just my opinion of course!

I particularly like the cormorant fishermen photos. I know they're not 'original', but the scenery behind is always, without fail, amazing. The photo seems to always, to me anyway, tell a story. Look at his face, and you'll see how he's done with his catch today.

The others are all great photos too.

Only viewing on my phone, but doesn't the water buffalo one entitled "jump of life", look to be a painting?

Last edited:
IT's a good photo, maybe even a great photo, just not a "Photo of the year"

Just google cormorant fishermen guilin and there are hundreds of such photos.

:) Sorry ^ twin post.

Last edited:
Actually Wildebeest and I think it should have been called 'suicide leap' as it is so high but I don't think they are the brightest. Probably just as well as everything eats them.

I actually thought wildebeest. :facepalm:

Back