• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp ID

ourmanflint

Hi

I bought 10 of these little fellas last week for my 30cm cube, seller didn't know what they were called and she just called mini shrimp. They were almost completely see through when I got them as well, but now seem to be coloring up a little.
Anyone any ideas? Could they be C. babaulti malaya or are they just cherry shrimps?

shrimp_ID_zpsbd3c1a1a.jpg

cheers

Rod

Mini shrimp:D:D she knows her stuff then. After taking the Micheal I'm not identify them, I'm going to say they are colourin up mini shrimp.:$

I have loads of these guys now lol, started with a large colony of "sakura" red cherry shrimp and then added about 12 of these wild brown shrimp in 2008 thinking they were Caridina babaulti "Malaya". Now I mostly get brown but with a few bright red, dull blue, dull yellow and some almost black. I like having shrimp that have different colours over generations, more interesting than just red shrimp IME :).

Seems there has been continuing confusion over Caridina babaulti "Malaya" for quite a while now. Scouring the forums seems lots of people are under the impression that their wild style cherry shrimps are actually Caridina babaulti "Malaya".
cheers

Back