• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My shopping list for a new TMC signature 90cm with a twist.

jarcher1390

Hi All

After reading many threads, (spent hours reading the featured journals) George Farmer signatures scapes have got me itching to set up an bran new tank. I have decided it is time to scape all my other tanks large and small and concentrate on ONE new shallow planted tank.

Here is my shopping list, The observant one will notice that it is mainly JBL and TMC stuff this is mainly because I can get my staff discount at the shop i work at. Unfortunately TMC will not ship the glass signature tanks up to us in Scotland so i have decided to go with our own supplier Seashell to get my tank.

I would be very grateful if people could have a quick scan and see if theres anything that they would change and/or add? Basically looking to set up a minimalist looking system that can handle any plants or designs (for shallow aquarium of course) I can think of.

Equipment

Cabinet: TMC Signature stand 90cm (no tank, as will not deliver to Scotland:( )

Tank: Seashell custom built optiwhite rimless tank 90cm (L) x 45cm (w) x 22.5cm (h)

Matting: JBL Aquapad 100cm x 50cm

Lights: TMC Grow Beam 600 Ultima x 2 (is this enough or better with two Aqua grow 1500nd Tiles?)

Light Control unit Aqua ray Control (unsure if ill need one for each AquaGrow beam unit?)

Lights Mounting: TMC Rim Mounts plus TMC mm railing

Filter: JBL Profi e901 Greenline

Heater: Hydor ETH 200w

Glass ware: aqua grow glass inlet and outlet

Aquascaping tools: JBL S, P1 and Sp (scissors, tweezer and a substrate spade)

Drop checker: JBL Drop Checker

CO2 Diffuser: CO2 atomiser

CO2 Glass checker from aquarium garden (UKAPS sponsor)

I already own a JBL pro flora CO2 set Profi 2 (it is 6 years old but should do the trick)

Substrate I'm likely to use

JBL River sand

JBL Aqua plus

JBL Manado

Additional extras

Substate supports (any idea what i can use without spending a fortune?)

2 Normal electronic timers

Extension cable

Tooth brush

JBL blanki

I should add that I'm going to a Dennerle Aquascaping training day (One of the perks of the job) so i might end up changing a few items on the list after that.

Feel free to comment and criticise.

Regards Jonny

wow comprehensive list looks good :) i cut up some cheap poundland food containers for supports and intend 2 use onion / garlic bags filled with gravel on my next tank

wow comprehensive list looks good :) i cut up some cheap poundland food containers for supports and intend 2 use onion / garlic bags filled with gravel on my next tank

I've never made a comprehensive list for a tank, thought I'd give it a try. Cheap food container sound like a nifty idea. Thanks

Did you try buying your tank and stand from Swell UK.
They have the product, and recently shipped two Dennerle Scapers tanks to me in Scotland.
http://www.swelluk.com/aquarium/fish-tanks-404/tmc-signature-1976.html

No I haven't, tbh the idea never even crossed my mind, will look into it.

Regards Jonny.

Lights: TMC Grow Beam 600 Ultima x 2 (is this enough or better with two Aqua grow 1500nd Tiles?)

Light Control unit Aqua ray Control (unsure if ill need one for each AquaGrow beam unit?)

You'd probably be better with tiles. It's not that I don't think the grobeams aren't powerful enough at all, but you may struggle with an even light distribution front to back and side to side on a 90 x 45 footprint. Perhaps not. I have two grobeam 600's hood mounted in a Fluval Roma (80x35 base) and it's considerably dimmer at the edges than centre, however can't comment how it would be if they were raised up some (next tank 80 x 40 x 40) the same lights are going on but on mountaray brackets.

The Aquaray controller (basic £70 jobbie) definitely controls two grobeam 600 strips from one controller unit, not sure about the tiles though...

Ta,
Rob

You'd probably be better with tiles.

Thanks I did have a wee think about the tiles but at twice the price i wasn't sure if they be worth the extra money. Considering that one of the aquascape I'm planning will be completely covered with plants the tiles maybe the better option in the long run.

The Aquaray controller (basic £70 jobbie) definitely controls two grobeam 600 strips from one controller unit, not sure about the tiles though...

Does anyone know if i can run 2 tiles on one of these units?

Thanks Rob

The controllers can control 2 channels. Grobeams and TMC Mini LED tiles have one channel but the bigger 1500 tiles have 2 channels so you would need 2 controllers for 2 of them.

Jonny, forum member Lee Sweeting has just set up an 80cm tank with two mini tiles and one controller. Might be worth dropping him a PM asking for info on how they would suit? He's using them low tech at around 30% but he'd be able to give you an honest appraisal as he's run hi tech before now.

Back