• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shale Rocks & Vine Woods

Luís Cardoso

Shale Rocks & Vine Woods

Setup Date: 17-10-2013

Tank: 100x40x45

Lights: T5 4x39W (7h - 2x39w / 3h - 4x39W)

Filtration: JBL Cristal Profi 900 + Tetra Ex 600

Hardscape: Vine woods and shale rocks

Substrate Aquasoil Amazonia

Fertilization: EI

Fish: Discus

Plants:

- Eleocharis sp. 'mini'
- Staurogyne repens
- Alternanthera Reineckii 'Mini'
- Ammania Bonsai
- Rotala Rotundifolia

Photos:

10408015325_31de03c603_b.jpg
Frente
por LFSCardoso, no Flickr

10408003624_2bcfc54008_b.jpg
Lado esquerdo

10408170963_63194d8840_b.jpg
IMG_4850

13-03-2014

13135891154_9490f1551e_b.jpg
IMG_5531-Editar

Regards
Luís Cardoso

Hi Luis

May i ask how do you find the JBL filter? is it noisy?

Regards Jonny

Hi.
In this aquarium i've replaced the jbl by one eheim professional 3.
About the jbl filters i have two the E900 and the e700, both with the same hours of work.
The e700 after 3 years don't have any issue, its working as new, no noise, good flow.
The e900 is working well too, but makes a little noise, but inside the closet is acceptable.
In my opinion this filters are realible and have very good relation price/quality.
Regards,
Luís Cardoso

Hi.
In this aquarium i've replaced the jbl by one eheim professional 3.
About the jbl filters i have two the E900 and the e700, both with the same hours of work.
The e700 after 3 years don't have any issue, its working as new, no noise, good flow.
The e900 is working well too, but makes a little noise, but inside the closet is acceptable.
In my opinion this filters are realible and have very good relation price/quality.
Regards,
Luís Cardoso

Thanks

Without jumping on a late bandwagon, I do agree with the comments about the discus. Regardless of if it's their old tank or new tank, it's still too small. Just because you've re-scaped it doesn't make it right, plus the high light...anyway...

Nice looking scape though :thumbup:

Regardless of if it's their old tank or new tank, it's still too small. Just because you've re-scaped it doesn't make it right, plus the high light...anyway...

I think youve jumped on a very late bandwagon and your comments are a little harsh. It was pointed out about the discus at the very beginning of the journal (which was a while ago) so there was no need to carry on an old comment. And what does high light have to do with it. It works for him obviously with no problems.

The discus are clearly very very happy and Luis obviously keeps up a high level of tank husbandry plus the scape is very nice.

Anyway great looking scape luis and excellent video. :)

I think youve jumped on a very late bandwagon and your comments are a little harsh. It was pointed out about the discus at the very beginning of the journal (which was a while ago) so there was no need to carry on an old comment. And what does high light have to do with it. It works for him obviously with no problems.

The discus are clearly very very happy and Luis obviously keeps up a high level of tank husbandry plus the scape is very nice.

I pointed out I'm late, I obviously didn't notice the thread until now. That doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion. He's put a new reply up and the Discus are still there, so who says I can't comment on it?

I don't think it's right, beautiful scape or not and discus don't like high light, hence why it's got something to do with it.

I don't think the reply was too harsh and to be honest, I don't think there was really any need for you to jump in. It's only going to drag the debate out longer than needed, hopefully not though. I certainly won't be saying anything else.

Everybody is entitled to comment on here thats what the forum is here for I just feel sorry for Luis as he took a bit of bashing regarding the discus at the beginning of the thread and kind of got it again. We are all entitled to opinions and you yours but just felt it didnt need all that that's all.
I know of lots of people who have discus in high light tanks. They look and keep well.

What a great looking tank Luis, really like it. Fish look utterly amazing!

Just wondering about the debate about Discus and high light...I thought aquarium lighting never got close to light levels in the natural environment - Isn't bright sunlight around 120,000 lux and an overcast day about 1-2000 lux? Even high light just about gets to the overcast day levels… Do discus need it even darker? I'm curious rather than trying to make a point. Wouldn't mind knowing a bit more for the benefit of my own fish.

Hi!
Thanks for the comments.
Talking about discus in this kind of aquariums is controversy, we all know that aren't the ideal fish for this setups, but many people have them healthy and happy.
I keep discus in planted aquariums for about 4 years without major problems.

Back