• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bucep's bluff thread finished :-)

A day away extra can work wonders for calming down lol. My missus acclimatised my amano shrimp a few weeks ago. I was totally amazed. Cost me wine and a made from scratch curry with trimmings mindst... :D

Reactions: tim
Well the Eden 501 on mine is super and shows no signs of leaks, however I do find it's not the quietest thing ever. Wouldn't want it in a bedroom that's for sure, in fact i'm surpised my gurt hasn't said it's too noisy for her office!!

Result on choccies & flowers :D

I'm the tank freak in my house and even I draw the line at a tank in the bedroom.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm with you Lindy, I don't think there's a filter out there that would be quiet enough to not be heard in a bedroom. I can sometimes hear the rush of water going through the tetratec downstairs in a cabinet when I'm lying in bed lol. All very well removing media for flow etc but the whole house sounds like a level 5 tornado :D

Happens at every house mate,...i remember a time when my wife used to be talking to me about something & my eyes would be hazy ( due to lack of concentration on my part to what she would have been saying :banghead:) and she would stop in mid sentence & say " You are thinking about your tank,...aren't you?",....Gulp,...:wideyed:....yeah,...every house across the world.:geek:...Please ask her if you could at least keep the other low tech & the tree scape.:dummy:

In all honesty the boyu was quiet and the tank made a perfect night light for me
Happens at every house mate,...i remember a time when my wife used to be talking to me about something & my eyes would be hazy ( due to lack of concentration on my part to what she would have been saying :banghead:) and she would stop in mid sentence & say " You are thinking about your tank,...aren't you?",....Gulp,...:wideyed:....yeah,...every house across the world.:geek:...Please ask her if you could at least keep the other low tech & the tree scape.:dummy:
dont worry mate the other tanks are safe for now, I've moved the cherry shrimp over to my 3ft tank and the buces are being held in the 25ltr for now, I've decided to try and keep this going emersed for the time being so water has been drained and it'll be sprayed a couple of times a day to help with the transition.

Quick update on this one I kept it emersed for a while but had to flood it due to needing a temporary home for my exclamation point rasboras when my low tech tank went kaput, I couldn't face taking the fish back to the lfs so even though 12 ltrs is small they seem to be ok at the moment and I won't be in a position to upgrade the tank for them for a couple of months but they will eventually move to a 40x40 shallow tank I have.
14025994678_a4777b238d_c.jpg

Hi folks, this journal has come to an end, tanks down, livestock moved to my 60x20x20
Final pic
14119045170_9b8c6635e9_c.jpg

Bit more algae than I would of liked, ran for a few weeks with a bit more light than needed trying to squeeze a bit of extra growth :lol:
Anyway thanks for following and all the nice comments along the way.

Hi Tim Fab Scape :clap: Superb Photo :cool::thumbup: Shame it has come to an end :(
Thanks Roy, six months was long enough in 12 liters ;) next one will be even shorter lived I think.
Great tank Tim and a really nice final image. Next one wet yet? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers Iain, :lol: it was wet same day this was taken down, beauty of 12 liters fast turnover, plus I have to fill it straight away or the wife might throw the tank in the bin ;)

Wow, I've been away for a little while and now I'm back and what a sight to come back to! Really nice work there Tim, it's unfortunate that you have take this tank down. Looking forward for the new one!

Back