• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Blackwater Bayou

I have some java fern 'windelov' left over from when I stripped down the nook if you want to pick it up on your way home from work?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have some java fern 'windelov' left over from when I stripped down the nook if you want to pick it up on your way home from work?

That would be great.
Can you please PM me your address again, and I'll swing by tonight if that's ok.

Great visit to my local MA today. They had received a shipment of 40 Paros this week and I picked up the last 8. No idea of the species so hopefully once they settle in and grow a bit I can check them out against pics online.

Nice one. Mine didn't come in. I think I'm cursed.
The guy in the store told me this was the only shipment of the last three that had survived! They had lost a shipment of filamentosus recently too. :(

Finally managed to get a couple of pics of my Paros.
Not sure of the species so looking for any suggestions.
u6e6y5ur.jpg

byvu8esa.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: tim
Try to get some pictures at feeding time when they are flashing their fins. I think it's pretty much impossible to tell until they start showing some colour.

The paro project is probably the best place to try and find out which species.

There looking good though mate, I'm very interested to see which species you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it's the one in McKinnon Mills.
Was over there this morning, but nothing exciting (for me) in stock right now.
There is a great indoor toddlers play area right opposite MA though so maybe you could take the wee one with you :)

What a great idea!
I'm going to swap my 60cm, in the lounge, for 2 x 30cm cubes side by side. Means I can keep some shrimp and set up a tank to try and breed liquorice gourami. Still trying to get chocos...

They look pretty much perfect. How did the four from me get on?
They are doing great, they are in the tank third down. The male spends a lot of time in the ceramic tube on the RHS. I'm hoping he's guarding eggs.

Splendid. Do you reckon they're all the same species? I was slightly dubious about the larger female which seemed a bit deeper bodied and slightly more brownish but they were too young to tell really.
One female is definitely a bit smaller and rounder than the other. Not sure if the third is a sub dominant male. it's fins are definitely darker than the other two although no secondary colouring evident.

Back