• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deans 60p

That sounds great, best to start out happy rather than thinking 'I wish I'd done that'

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Been having a mess about until receive my plants this week and had a few hours to kill, I purchased some manzi wood a few months ago so tried mixing the layout with manzi, really like the large rock so didn't want to remove it so just played with what u had here is a couple ones I came up with

Layout 1 wood coming from the top one thing I did notice is would be hard access for trimming etc on both but love the contrast of wood and stone

adubeqym.jpg

yjadyjed.jpg

ajy8u8av.jpg

ysubegen.jpg

9y8agavy.jpg

Layout 2 also no wood has been submerged how long for it not to float ?

7use9ehu.jpg

epu4u6ur.jpg

nyvy6y4a.jpg

6a7ejeve.jpg

e6ajytav.jpg

yzedy2a4.jpg

Looks so much better in person also think going to buy the grobeam 600 twin pack on payday

Thanks Dean

going to buy the grobeam 600 twin pack on payday
You'll be buying a controller too? Why not aquabar leds? The dimmers only cost £13 each although you can't do sunsets and sunrise...[DOUBLEPOST=1398099018][/DOUBLEPOST]I like the wood in one. Best bet is to weigh it down in a deep container and fill it up with water. Will take 3-4 weeks I recon to stop floating depending on how thick the wood is

cheers lindy ok well might drystart for few weeks so get plants started and time for wood to soak ;) as really like it in there I like the bottom layout very much, whats the difference from grobeam to aquabar I don't like the mounts fro the aquabar too much unless can hang from my wall mounts, don't mind about sunrise or set just want to be able to drop intensity,

any other opinions on wood layout :rolleyes:

You can hang an aquabar the same way you would hang a grobeam, using mms rail. I think aqua bars are supposed to be less intense light than the tiles and grobeams. I' m really pleased with mine.

I really like it Dean, either one should look great planted up, it's hard to tell from photos but I think I prefer layout 2.

I was away at the weekend, sorry, but I should get to the Post Office this morning.

Brilliant thanks James and thanks omegatron looks great in person going to dry start but don't have a heater to keep humidity up but will spray daily etc, while wood soaking. And agree I will slope some more then plants be here next week

Thanks Dean

If you have some extra soil left i would put the big rock and wood on top of it a little bit higher (thats what i ment with the slope). Then the branches would stick out of the tank a bit more, i think that would look nice (again all a matter of taste ofc). Could you also make a picture from the front view with your next update?

good luck and keep us updated!

Thanks a lot James lily arrived today so really appreciate it let me know how much I owe you just pm me your scapes looking great by the way, like I say might dry start this can I dry start stems ok ? and as don't have a heater I could just add boiling water twice daily in a bowl to generate steam etc ?

Dean

No problem mate. I didn't dry start my moss like I was hoping because I had no way of heating the tank so I don't know what the answer is, my house is really cold though! I would just start with the carpet though if I was you, have you got somewhere else to keep the other plants?

No problem mate. I didn't dry start my moss like I was hoping because I had no way of heating the tank so I don't know what the answer is, my house is really cold though! I would just start with the carpet though if I was you, have you got somewhere else to keep the other plants?
were could I keep the stems ? no other tanks set up at all,if not possible will just flood then add wood later :( but if only option, also debating using inline attomiser instead of intank ? whats your opinion mate

You might as well put them all in and flood it then I suppose, chuck the wood in in a couple of weeks. It'll look better than having a dry start tank in your house anyway.

I used an in-line diffuser but found that it was a pain to keep clean, I am lazy though. I've just got two in-tank ones that I swap over when they get dirty. In-line's probably better though.

I'm just saying what I'd do though Dean, I've got no more knowledge than you mate.

Can you not just put the stems in a container of water on your windowsill?

I could do that I suppose would they survive a week or 2 ? Would they be ok just lying flat ? Have some spare fluval flora substrate could put in old Chinese takeaway tub lol

Cheers lindy

Thanks Dean

you think stems will be ok in fluval substrate on window sill just placing rooms in soil and lying them flat ?

I wouldn't bother with substrate if they are lying flat but I'm no expert. I don't think you want them on a sill that gets sun either. You could plant up the tank and soak the wood weighted down in a bucket and just add it later.

planted today only thing is when set up filter the G6 says alert low flow, its at very bottom on the triangle and I am not happy about it anyone have any ideas or you think its due to the 13mm reduction ? maybe should have stuck with 17 :( flow does seem quite weak

planted today only thing is when set up filter the G6 says alert low flow, its at very bottom on the triangle and I am not happy about it anyone have any ideas or you think its due to the 13mm reduction ? maybe should have stuck with 17 :( flow does seem quite weak

I have a eheim filter also reduced from 17mm to 13mm. I have no issues at all but mine isnt a fancy one telling me low flow. Maybe too much filter medium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back