• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Live food for fish, Lumbriculus and others

Edvet

Just a quick question: i ordered 10 portions of Lumbriculus (black worms). I added (or wil tonight) 3 portions to each of the cube's (black and white). Any way to keep them in there ( there are app 10 fish in each tank). The last time i put in 1 portion, the did crawl in the substrate, but i couldn't see any of them anymore after a week, i presume they where all eaten. I do keep feeding the fish.
The remaining four portions i will use to see if i can get a culture going.
I know some have them in the tank/filter. Any tips on keeping them in there and breeding?

Also got two portions of Enchytreae (white worms) i put on a earth culture. I started with garden-earth (commercial), I added some Mearl reading they prefer alkaline soils. I keep it moist and for now will only add some algaewafers to check if they need feeding. Then i will go with yoghurt/bread.

Micoworms (Micro, Walter and Banana) are doing fine. I add to black cube once a day, the Sundadanio axelrodi are small and can't handle food larger then Cyclops, they can find these microworms by the looks of it.
These are on oatbran (microwaved with some water only).

Che
Hi all,
Another site that I could spend too long looking at.

I've got some Black worms you could have if P&P from the Netherlands proves prohibitive.

cheers Darrel

Cheers. I'm travelling next week, but I might take you up on that when I get back home.
Thx

Back