• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

sumida ada gallery

im sure his pinnatifida is a different variety to be so compact.:crazy:
same with the bolbitis? the leaf form is different to mine though this could simply be to do with water parameters...the plants look so lush.

My biggest question is the ADA model is about low water column dosing and packing the substrate, but most of Amano's tanks rely heavily on epiphytes: anubias, mosses, ferns, etc...that have no contact with the substrate, in some articles I've seen Amano states a nitrate level <1mg/l...in the water column, yet his tanks support the lushest ferns with optimum pearling etc AND lively fish, etc of any tank...I wish Amano was as vocal on forums as others about his methodology and insight as at times it does seem to fly in the face of the new matrix

I believe the most over looked aspect of plant keeping is the need to continuously trim. This is something that these sort of tanks have masses of. I wouldn't be surprised if they were trimmed daily. We spend so much time talking about co2 and flow that when we do get good growth we are reluctant to cut it out. The more you trim the healthier the plants.
Certainly with bolbitus trimming one or two leaves twice a week keeps the more compact form, if left the leaves get quite long and leggy forcing new growth to gain length as quickly as possible to get some light.

Pinna is a different beast though, I've tried all sorts and it never forms the bushy look of his??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back