• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LED Lighting and Fluval Edge

aaron.c

Hi Guys

I have a few quick questions about this lighting unit - http://www.co2art.co.uk/collections...-13w-led-for-nano-planted-tank-aquarium-6500k

I have a Fluval Edge 22 litre and the stock lighting is woeful. I was going to run it as a low tech tank with no CO2 and just Anubias, but I really don't think the lighting is even up to that.

Is it possible with this unit to remove it from the mounting arm. I would create something else to suspend the light in the existing tank hood.

Is this unit perhaps too bring for a 22litre tank.

Thanks
Aaron

Did you get the Edge with the LEDs or with the bulbs??

You can use the LED lighting from the bigger 46L Edge tank and put it on the 22l that is what i have done and it is much better.

I have the LED bulbs. I did consider just upgrading to the 46l version of the lighting unit. Was just worried it might not be that much better.

Thanks
Aaron

Hi Aaron

You'd be surprised what can be done with stock fluval edge lighting.
This is a members fathers set up. Just a smidge of liquid carbon ada soil and no ferts
u2ubeqyh.jpg

Hello,

This light is quite easy to DIY. Arm can be dismantled, so you should be able to install it in your setup. If you will have any problems install it, let us know and we will find solution for you.

I'm using same light with my nano Fluval Edge 22L, but I removed top glass and light is attached to the back wall.

Please note, this is very powerful light.

Best regards
Karol

Back