• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Unknow white stuff on twinstar nano

Ryan Thang To

Hello
I need your help to find out what is this white stuff growing on the disk? I have soak it in water and bleach for 2 days now and it still won't come off. It come off when I scratch it with my nail kind of feel like sand It might be some sort of chlorine build up, im not too sure. If any one had the same thing please let me know.

Cheers
Ryan

2014_05_23_19_42_14.jpg

20140523_195455.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know what the twinstars are made of but to remove limescale on my tanks and equipment I use Gel-Kilrock which is formic acid.
Brush on,leave to work then rinse well job done :)

If it's lime scale, just soak in vinegar for a couple of hours , then rinse.
That's standard practice for descaling marine kit

It's 100% lime scale - I get it on mine. I soak mine in Oust lime scale remover for kettles/irons.... 2 hrs in that and it's like new again. I normally do mine every two months or so.

Cool thank dude. I would of though bleach would remove any thing but nah it didn't make any difference.

So its safe to use that produce and do you soak it in water with prime after?

Bleach won't do anything, just use one Oust sachet and add a little water in a cup (remove the rubber sucker) and leave to soak - you will see the lime scale start to bubble and dissolve straight the way, give it a couple of hours and then just rinse it well under the tap.... Job done :)

Ryan,

How you getting on with the diffuser? Has it stayed clean?

See last post of mine in the Twinstar thread (it's the last post of the thread)...

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/twinstar-what-is-it.28335/page-28

I am getting that white sh*t on my diffuser coming back 3 or 4 DAYS after using descaler on it and completely cleaning it, it's madness! lol

I'm not sure it's limescale when a) i never saw it until about a month ago and it's been installed since December (and now I have to clean my diffuser at least weekly in limescale remover) and all of a sudden it's become a nuisance and b) wouldn't limescale take longer to build up than 2 or 3 days??

Something weird about this stuff...

Rob

Ryan,

How you getting on with the diffuser? Has it stayed clean?

See last post of mine in the Twinstar thread (it's the last post of the thread)...

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/twinstar-what-is-it.28335/page-28

I am getting that white sh*t on my diffuser coming back 3 or 4 DAYS after using descaler on it and completely cleaning it, it's madness! lol

I'm not sure it's limescale when a) i never saw it until about a month ago and it's been installed since December (and now I have to clean my diffuser at least weekly in limescale remover) and all of a sudden it's become a nuisance and b) wouldn't limescale take longer to build up than 2 or 3 days??

Something weird about this stuff...

Rob
hello rob.
I haven't got the chance to do anything. last week I felt a bit funny and I went to a&e just to find out I got mumps :nailbiting: I must of caught it from some kid lol
anyways I will try it and keep you guys updated.

cheers
ryan

Oh dear mate! Hope you don't suffer too much.

Well I use Scale Away on mine lately (from Sainsbury, couple of quid for 75g packet), did it again last night and used 10gram powder in a small amount of warm water. Cleaned the plates up in like 20 minutes. But it does keep coming back in a matter of days so i'm interested to know how quick you see it again once you've cleaned.

Let us know ;)

Oh dear mate! Hope you don't suffer too much.

Well I use Scale Away on mine lately (from Sainsbury, couple of quid for 75g packet), did it again last night and used 10gram powder in a small amount of warm water. Cleaned the plates up in like 20 minutes. But it does keep coming back in a matter of days so i'm interested to know how quick you see it again once you've cleaned.

Let us know ;)
thanks man.
when I first put the twinstar in I didn't see it until 2-3 months later.
how hard is your water?
my water has a gh 18 kh 10[DOUBLEPOST=1401357120][/DOUBLEPOST]you said you soak it for only 20mins and there could still be some left so maybe it soaking it for a bit longer

Back