• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

plant deficiency ?

Looks like some sort of damage caused by fish or snails.
Looks like pleco damage to me too.

Its not any damage caused by snails and I have no plecos in the tank. Only have Cherry and Amano shrimp and otocinclus plus 4 black phantom tetras and 4 endlers.

The leaves actually have curled up aswell, could it be too much ferts?

Hi all,
and otocinclus
Do you feed them vegetables etc.? It looks like Plec damage, and they are little plecs.
The leaves actually have curled up aswell, could it be too much ferts?
It could be, if you have a lot of some ions (Ca, K) it can interfere with the uptake of other ions (Mg etc.).

cheers Darrel

Just moved house and yet to get a microwave lol

Well then...the old fashioned boiling pan for a couple of min :) Only suggesting zucchini because otos don't seem to go for any veg.
The other easy way is if you slice zucchini, wrap them individually and freeze them. When defrosted afterwards, they are soft and ready for otocinclus feast.

first thing would be a good ol check of the co2 levels reaching that plant...are you sure it's good?

Well then...the old fashioned boiling pan for a couple of min :) Only suggesting zucchini because otos don't seem to go for any veg.
The other easy way is if you slice zucchini, wrap them individually and freeze them. When defrosted afterwards, they are soft and ready for otocinclus feast.
Mine are quite partial to nettle leaves, pick the top few rinse then pour on water from a boiled kettle, job done.

Back