• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Natural Aquario sold?

Take a deep breath and look what you get with the package guys ;)
120 does have 2 LED lighting units. Although there is an option to get it without the filter you pay only 200£ for a stainless steel one with japanese pump!
Try to put 120 ADA system together, it will go over 5k. TMC and Aquavas is in completely different leagues sorry.
It does of course look expensive as a whole package :) But just look at the alternatives. Even eheim top range will cost you about 1600.
You get what you are paying for. Its enough to see it in the flesh once.

Last edited:
120 does have 2 LED lighting units
uncontrollable LED's, how very last year :p

TMC and Aquavas is in completely different leagues sorry
yeah, TMC are in the real league and showing what can be had for a reasonable budget, Aquavas are now in the ADA fantasy league. Lets see what TMC do now they have the Farmer driving it :)
i guess its just disappointing to see them change business model from middle range to prestige.

Controllable enough for scapers. Plus replaceable if it busts. How many solid units had to be returned cause of faults?
There was no business model yet. Its just starting now.
I do honestly hope George will bring changes but it all comes to money. Quality things are expensive to manufacture so I would not expect many changes unfortunately.
Can bet noone would be able to find same quality for the money. Its good there is a choice though.

As long as they eventually allow people to buy the pieces individually (as Jeff Senske promised on the scapefu podcast), I'll support Aquavas. I think they will take NA to new heights (at a reasonable price I hope).

There are many much more advanced lighting options out there so I think they just need to give the customers a choice on that.

P

Done the math for 90 cm systems

Current Price at The Green Machine
ADA Wood Cabinet Silver £1,150.00
ADA Cube Garden 90P £509.00
Cover Glass £25.00
Base Mat £39.00
Solar I Light £440.00
Grand Solar Arm £265.00
Superjet ES600 £660.00
Delivery £0.00
Total £3,088.00

Aquavas 90cm Set $3,059.00 = £1,823.00

Aquavas = £1,265.00 cheaper!

You have selected wrong lights and forgot lily pipes :p[DOUBLEPOST=1402470148][/DOUBLEPOST]it would be interesting to see the price comparison of a full TMC system. something tells the price might surprise few sceptics.

Last edited:
I never realised the ADA cabinets were so expensive! To be fair you could order the none ADA one for about £300, still a lot of money for the whole set up though. :nailbiting:

Yes, I could have gone for a 'Grand Solar' but I think it is perfectly possible to use a Solar I for a 90P. The lily pipes are included with the filter and I chose the 'middle' size. I'm not sure exactly how Aquavas filters compare because they use weird specifications like gallons per minute, horsepower and amps! Why cant they just state the wattage and litres per hour? :confused:

Hmm ok. But yes ES600 is not enough for 90. Having a light with only 1 metal halide? No thanks.
Here we go again. Can do this can do that, can get cabinet elsewhere etc. Then its not a full system and the point is lost :)
Yet to see anything close to Aquavas cabinet quality.
The filter is using same iwaki japanese pumps. And for conversion, come on there is google :p
Anyone up for putting TMC system together for a price comparison?

I'll have a look what one costs for curiosities sake.
I wasn't really comparing to Ada (add dollars again) their always going to be more and tmc less, the NA product is very good just a shame they moved from a very appealing market position to one that is far less, to me anyway.
If I was buying again then I'd certainly look at an ADA tank then mix and match other products I want to make a full set up and save a few ££.

Saying that I guess they are trying to get in on the ADA market, in which case they are very appealing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK pedants! :)
Current Price at The Green Machine
ADA Wood Cabinet Silver £1,150.00
ADA Cube Garden 90P £509.00
Cover Glass £25.00
Cube Garden Hooks £9.99
Base Mat £39.00
Grand Solar II 4*36W £673.79
Grand Solar Stand £265.53
Superjet ES1200 £769.99
Delivery £0.00
Total £3,442.30

Aquavas $3,059.00
£1,823.00

Difference £1,619.30

Why the obsession with "full" set-ups? There is an increasing number of high quality products that allow you to mix your own package so that it reflects your wallet's capacity as well as your functional/aesthetic preferences. I for example have an ADA lamp because I think they are among the best looking on the market (yes NA/Aquavas look the same, but I always thought it was a shame they did not create their own lamp and not an ADA copy/lookalike), the same applies to the Vuppa surface skimmer, but I have an NA cabinet, which is very high value for the money (ADA is insanely priced on cabinets) and Flowgrow tools because they are excellent quality for a good price. And I could go on.

In the end the choice of products is about identity. ADA stuff lets you into an exclusive club that the other brands never will. With the way we constantly expose our set-ups to the world this is not unimportant. Perhaps this is the rationale behind the price upgrading from NA to Aquavas. We will see if that is a wise strategy.

Thomas

So the difference is double.
No particular obsession with full setups. But it looks much better with bigger items to be complete (lights, tank and and cabinet). Its all personal choice in the end surely. I have always placed high demand on design. I understand its not everyones choice. Hope products will be soon available separately and in different colour options. I prefer mine in white.

Hello all, I'm a little late to the party on this one but I'm interested in buying some NA steel flow pipes, I've not had any response from the email link on the NA web page and I'm informed that freshwatershrimp.co.uk will only be supplying NA gear as full setups. Can anyone point me in the direction of another UK based distributor? Cheers!

Those steel pipes are elusive buggers unless you want to buy the ADA ones. I ended up buying some Borneo Wild pipes from Asia - worked out about £100 for them including the postage I think http://www.gcshop-sg.com/product.php?pg=0&cata=9&cate=-1

They cant be expensive to make I can't believe people aren't selling them in Europe.

Does anyone use their filters? Or the ADA versions they ape for that matter. They would appear very, very expensive for what looks like a tin version of the Eheim classic range. What makes them so superior to the many popular externals everyone else uses?

Also, it looks like it's hardly a show stopper for product design either.

What makes them so superior to the many popular externals everyone else uses?

It says ADA on it.

I thinks it's like a lot of things. People buy into the brand as a status symbol. It feels better to say you have an ADA filter rather than an Eheim etc.

I'm sure the build quality is superb. Compare it to a Rolex. Sure it's a nice looking and well made watch but it's basic function is to tell the time and it does this job no better than something that can be bought for a fraction of the price.

So the difference is double.
No particular obsession with full setups. But it looks much better with bigger items to be complete (lights, tank and and cabinet). Its all personal choice in the end surely. I have always placed high demand on design. I understand its not everyones choice. Hope products will be soon available separately and in different colour options. I prefer mine in white.

I totally agree mate, but if the different components (tank etc) were sold separately I think the reaction would have been more favourable, their stuff looks quality.

As Too says - I should imagine most members of our particular hobby would rather tailor their set-ups to their own needs and preferences. I would associate a full setup package as something a beginner might be after, it would take a big commitment to the hobby to invest in one of these though!

I'm not sure the price comparison is too fair - If you could buy the Aquavas stuff separately the total price of the components would surely be higher than that of a full 'package'.

Anyway, it's always good for us to have a wider choice, especially in a niche market, hopefully it'll give ADA something to think about if they don't have such a monopoly.

Back