• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dennerle Scaper Lighting

MikeC1408

Looking at setting up a low tech shrimp tank and like the look of the Dennerle Scaper tank.

Looking for feedback on the light that comes with the kit as I really don't want to go down the CO2 route with this tank.
Is the light too much for a shallow tank? should I look at getting just the tank and then something like a beam works?

Thanks

(Caveat, I have had a drink and don't normally, so if I come across as condescending its not intentional),

Shrimp won't care what level the light is at, but plants may do depending on the species, if I liked the tank I would purchase it and work around the light. Tank size and shape are definitive scales but light levels can be modified by either by dimming the lights (if available) or use of shading by overhead cover to make it work for you.

:)

Thanks and you didn't come across that way so have another drink....lol

Just working out the price of tank, filter and lights as seperates compared to the kit. It's more a quart ion of is the light to much for the tank as I want to keep it low tech, don't want to have another co2 set up.

Thanks I'll take a look. Out if interest did you have the stick light and replace it or just got the tank?

Back