• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best value for money fish food

Frenchi

Hi ppl
I usually buy tetra pro energy for my fish and jmc high protein ..
What do you guys feed ?

Thanks

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feed new life spectrum small fish formula Thera + with garlic.

And I feed frozen food 3-4 times a week: daphnia, bloodworm, brine shrimp, cyclops, Rotifers, tubifex.

I also feed JBL Novotab for the cory, and new era catfish pellets.

Fishscience tropical fish flake & algae treats, tetra prima, jmc catfish pellets and courgette, bell pepper etc, then there's frozen bloodworm, frozen daphnia, frozen lobster eggs, live daphnia and live bloodworm

Varied diet = happy healthy fish

Yeah I'm gonna be hitting TA aquaculture as soon as I'm running low. So many options for a mixed healthy diet

Hi all,
Mainly live food and vegetables, but as variety:
"Astax red crumb", "Freeze dried Arctic Copepods" and Earthworm & Spirulina flakes, all from TA aquaculture (Tim Addis has moved to Malta, but is still trading) <http://www.ta-aquaculture.com/>.

cheers Darrel
Just ordered 4 100g spirl, earthworm, black worm and bloodworm .. I will just mix them all together ... That way it will feed every fish I have :)
I must say they look impressive and a very healthy mixture :) cheers for that

Hi all,
Mainly live food and vegetables, but as variety:
"Astax red crumb", "Freeze dried Arctic Copepods" and Earthworm & Spirulina flakes, all from TA aquaculture (Tim Addis has moved to Malta, but is still trading) <http://www.ta-aquaculture.com/>.

cheers Darrel

I heading over to Malta on the 5th August for 10 days (getting married), think I will call in and have a nosey :)

Flakes once a day, frozen larvae/Crustacea mix once a week, fresh vegetables once a week... And lately my son is hunting every mosquito, fruitfly (Drosophila), Mediterranean fruit fly (Ceratitis) and any bug he find, obviously with the aim of dropping them into the tanks. He enjoys it and fish too.
Definitely, like you and me, fish love eating different things.

Jordi

Standard: frozen mosquitolarvae (red, white and black), frozen artemia, frozen daphnia and algae tablets (hikari. large and small ones). Now and then: live Daphnia and live mosquito larvae, if there are plantlice on the garden i put a stick with those in the tank.
Further i have started live cultures of white, grindal and microworms, Daphnia, Moina and brine shrimp. Asellus went wrong, but will try again.

Standard: frozen mosquitolarvae (red, white and black), frozen artemia, frozen daphnia and algae tablets (hikari. large and small ones). Now and then: live Daphnia and live mosquito larvae, if there are plantlice on the garden i put a stick with those in the tank.
Further i have started live cultures of white, grindal and microworms, Daphnia, Moina and brine shrimp. Asellus went wrong, but will try again.
I want to live with your fish :)

Hi all,
tried mosquitolarvae once but my problem is that 80% of the larvae was sucked in by the filter... how do you acomplish the feeding?
Put a sponge on the filter intake, every filter should have one.
if there are plantlice on the garden i put a stick with those in the tank
I still feed my fish any aphids (green-fly) I can find, it used to be "a trick" for feeding sticklebacks, when I was a child.
Asellus went wrong, but will try again
Ed I must be able to send them to Netherlands successfully, I usually just post them in some wet moss or similar and they should be good for at least 5 - 6 days. I can find out how much it would cost.

cheers Darrel

What kind of sponge can we use to put on the filter intake?
I use very coarse sponge, just chop a piece off and put it in the cage of your intake .. Make sure it's quite a bit bigger so it's a snug fit ;)

Seriously? I
Hi all,Put a sponge on the filter intake, every filter should have one
I have a net, but as soon as they're sucked onto the net the larvae are as good as gone because the fish wont nibble it out.... I guess the best resolution would be turning off the filter... :\

Back