• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ever grow it2040 leds

liamhuckle

Seedling
Hi I'm in process of changing from reef keeping back to planted I'm aiming for a low tech soil based tank keeping my marine tank with weir and sump

I was wondering if the ever grow it2040 led light would be any good for plant keeping as I like the lights

Link for information on lights

http://www.ukmarinelighting.co.uk/evergrow-it2040-marine-aquarium-dimmable-led-unit-103-p.asp

I understand they will have to be kept at a low %

Any help is great thanks in advance

As a marine light there are a lot of blue LEDs which don't look great over plants. You would have to really turn down the blue channel (C1). The light looks good for the price but then again you get what you pay for. However, you can find much more suitable (and sometimes cheaper) LED lamps specifically for freshwater planted tanks. They don't all have a lot of controllability but grow plants nonetheless. TMC are popular and Fluval and Eheim are making freshwater LEDs now. Even Giesemann make a relatively cheap and controllable freshwater LED (Pulzar HO).

So keep the blues down low and it should be ok like I say I already have it from my marine setup and did a great job

Was to save me selling them and buying others lol

Any light that you can see will grow plants well. Plants care 1000X more about CO2 than they do about what color light you have.

Cheers,

Think the main reason for the blues in marine is to make the colours stand out more from the corals

Yep, in the link the 'after' tank looks much, much nicer than the 'before'. Does it really have this much impact or is it down to a bit of photoshop tweaking?

Honestly that is down to the lights the tank is my tank and before it had 2 t8s above then change to these lights and I garentee there's no photo shopping I emails the seller of the lights and he asked if he could use the pictue

I can't with having 2 children under 2 just didn't have the time hence going back to tropical and only having low tech instead of high tech before I went marine

Got the last fish and last remaining coral going tonight so the clear out begins may try and do a build thread

Back