• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Vivarium 2014

OllieNZ

Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone else was going this year?

it's a 10 minute drive, I'd be a fool not to go :D
Any idea what the ticket prices are? I've followed them on Facebook but not seen anything yet but then again I don't speak Dutch:(

€ 10,00 per ticket per day. If you need anything else translated don't hesitate to ask :)

Was going to call you Paulo. We have some room in the car for 1 or 2. My number has changed so will let you know.

Was going to call you Paulo. We have some room in the car for 1 or 2. My number has changed so will let you know.
Sounds like a plan mate ;) if it happens looking forward to it, the weekend or just a day trip?

Weekend. And more jagermeister, why less? :)
Iirc you were hanging as badly as me when we drove home on the Sunday and that's something I'd rather not repeat..... Unless you're putting it down to the port in which case more jager may be a better idea:)

Uhm...the website is also in English

At least our best attempt at it ;)

By the way: we also have two aquascaping contests at VIvarium 2014. Both already have teams from The Netherlands, Belgium, France and Germany, but the UK is still extremely absent....

Dennerle Scapers Tank Contest:
At Interzoo 2014, Dennerle has introduced their latest 35L Scapers tank. 20 of these will be made available for the Dennerle Scapers Tank Contest at Vivarium. Each contestant will have one of these tanks at his disposal on the Friday before the event. With their own matierials (plain sand will be availble) they can create their most stunning aquascapes. During the weekend itself, the public will vote on their favourite tanks resulting in a champion to be announced on Sunday afternoon.

Live Aquascaping Contest:
Eight teams, each consisting of 2-3 persons, will take up the challenge to transform an aquarium of 80*60*50 into a piece of art. And that within the timeframe of only 1 hour! A combination of materials made availble by Vivarium and one element brought by the teams themselves (being 1 type of plant, rock, wood or other decoration material) is expected to have nice results once again. A juding team, headed by Chris Lukhaup, wioll appoint the winning team.

The 6th edition of Vivarium will take place during the weekend of November 22nd & 23rd in The Homeboxx, Nieuwegein (near Utrecht, Netherlands). Lectures, workshops, showaquariums, contests and more than 100 different exhibitors are all combined in this event for the aquarium and terrarium hobby.

Two of the highlights of Vivarium are our aquascaping contests, for both we are still looking for more contestants:

Dennerle Scapers Tank Contest
The launch of the new Dennerle 35L Scapers Tank took place at Interzoo2014. Vivarium will be the place where 20 of these tanks will be sponsored by Dennerle to give aquascapers the chance to win one of these (and other prizes). The aquascaping for this contest actually takes place on the Friday before the event. The contestants can take all the time they need between 10:00 and 22:00 to create their perfect Aquascape. Vivarium provides the hardware (tank, light, pump, CO2 and heater) and sand as a substrate (which could be replaced by something else if the contestant brings it's own). The rest is up to the contestant.

From Saturday onwards, it is up to the public to cast their votes on what they find to be most stunning aquascape. All votes will be counted on Sunday and the winner will be announced in the official ceremony in the afternoon (contestant receive free tickets to attend this). There are still a few tanks looking for contestants.

Live Aquascaping Contest
For Aquascaping teams that are really looking forward to a challenge, Vivarium brings them the Live Aquascaping Contest. The concepts is as simple as it is challenging: turn a 80*60*50 aquarium into a winning aquascape within the time frame of 1 hour. Each team, consisting of 2-3 persons, is allowed to bring 1 item with them, being either one type of wood, rock, plant, soil, or any other kind of decoration. For the rest Vivarium will provide equal packages of plants and decoration materials.

In this concept, 8 teams will battle against each other for the honour of creating the winning aquascape, such voted by de jury chaired by Chris Lukhaup. We still have 3 spots open for teams to enter this contest.

Back