• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dennerle Duo

Lindy

Replaced my 60cm shrimp tank with 2 dennerle 30l cubes. This allows me to keep some shrimp and have another tank to play about with.
Decided to give Hamburg matten filters a go so made up 2 with jetlifts.

aqanuvub.jpg

20mm jet lift

tybese4e.jpg

y2utydy4.jpg

beve9eby.jpg

Sucker to keep tight against back of tank.

masu7e5y.jpg

ubu7ahut.jpg

Pretty impressed with the flow although is a certain amount of noise.

a3aqu7es.jpg

Not finished.

Have sown mosses and mini java fern on to foam to maximise surface area and try and hide the lovely blue.

Thanks, I thought it could really work or be really bad.

Couldn't get black in that ppm without buying from china and I didn't want to trust that with my taiwans. Look forward to it turning green!

Have ordered more moss from Keenshrimp, more china moss which has a carpeting habit (apparently) and some 'fox' moss which looks similar to fissidens fontanus.
That will make the plant/moss list over the 2 tanks:
Round pelia
Mini pelia
Mini java fern
Phoenix moss
China moss
Fox moss
Nuphar red splatterdock
Hydrocotyle verticillata.

great that it's a great solution for a 1/4 if not less of the price of an external filter
For me it is the time saved by not having to clean and also being able to plant up the foam. I'm sure this is not recomended as might hinder the flow a bit but the tanks are so small that I don't think it will be an issue.[DOUBLEPOST=1404914627][/DOUBLEPOST]I have 2 eheim ecco 130's that I can use on these tanks. I just fancied doing something different....

Last edited:
You will get used to it :)..... Is it a lot noisier than a spray bar above the water?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

No but I wouldn't put up with that either. I know what it sounds like though when doing a water change. It's like an old mens urinal! The jetlift sounds like a kettle boiling.....

Hehe I have one doing it right outside my bedroom. Took a couple nights but I'm used yonit now. Good airation ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I can't sleep with so much as a ticking watch in the room. I'm like hook, I get a twitch and then I've got to hunt it down!

You can use a small filter behind the matten, like this one, just a small light pump. I keep the filters own foam in place too .(these even have a flow setting). Complete silent.
8715897041747.jpg

You will loose some space, but that shouldn't be a problem. There are small ciculation pumps too, but hey are about the size of this filter top so they will need app. the same space.

Back