• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dennerle Duo

I might just use the eheim eccos with the inlet down the back of the sponge. I'll leave for now as too busy at the mo. Thanks for the suggestion though.

What? You mean these little guys?

asa4une9.jpg

4y8y3a6a.jpg

5etyje4u.jpg

:cool:[DOUBLEPOST=1404993753][/DOUBLEPOST]They won't be moving tank for a few weeks :p

The eccos only use 5watt each and I'd have to buy power heads. Wishing I hadn't sold my co2 stuff now as the livestock free tank could get nuked :meh:

Came back from t in the park to a berried wine red and hoping one of the shadow pandas is the daddy.
zedehame.jpg

Nice end to a brilliant weekend.

Have decided to ditch the hmf for now as the bubbles are noisy and I have 2 eheim ecco 130s to use. I have bought some rigid plastic canvas to sow my plants to so I can still have a moss and fern wall but without the blue and without losing 5cm of the depth of the tank. The plastic canvas is opaque white so should blend with the white background.

I think its the right choice. Hmf is really great if your running a lot of tanks in a dedicated room and need to keep the cost down but your sanity comes first ;D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Have relaced one hmf with an eheim ecco 130 with lovely lily pipes, thanks to leonroy.

pa8e5upa.jpg

I know which one I prefer.

Obviously the lid that came with the tank would not go back on with external pipework but the ADA glass top for a 30cm cube fits a treat.

ygyme4e9.jpg

The filter is turned down a bit otherwise it's like a washing machine in there.

If you've got Eheims may as well use them. Eccos quiet and pretty much bulletproof IME.
What have you found works for you regarding shrimp keeping? Any info appreciated.

I've always used a spray bar in the past. This tank is not for the shrimp though, i'll get the other tank changed to plastic canvas back and then move the shrimp with their existing ecco 130. Want to rock their boat as little as possible lol. It will be a spraybar in their tank.

Ha yeah the blue foam is a bit ummm well it doesn't look the best. I'm not the biggest fan of the nano cubes but they do look good side by side like this :)

How do you prepare water changes? RO/minerals etc

My tap water is tds of 45 so I use Mosura mineral plus and Mosura tds UP to bring it up to gh5 tds 160. More recently i've been just using the mineral plus and leaving tds at 145. The girls are berried again so they seem happy at that.

I sometimes use rainwater remineralised but usually keep that for the blackwater tank.

I'm not the biggest fan of the nano cubes but they do look good side by side like this
I think 3 or 4 of these tanks with one light suspended above would look great.

Haha kind of read my mind. My lodger is moving out end of next month ;) I'm tempted to go for the 60s though

Back