• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wild Betta Spec - Betta Channoides

Yeah your right Lindy. They were at it as soon as I put them in, haha! I'll get him fattened up again :).

I've just found out that my Aussie visa is gonna be granted, I'm just waiting for an entry date but it should be no more than three months. When I strip the tank down you are more than welcome to have them and any fry :). We can sort something out closer to the time if you like?

These are such great fish (I think I have a new favourite) and they would love your tank. They even eat straight out of my hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations! I would love to have them offspring or not. I might even give breeding them a go if one of the nanos is still empty. Plenty of nooks and crannies in the big tank for them. Let me know when you are ready.

Congratulations! I would love to have them offspring or not. I might even give breeding them a go if one of the nanos is still empty. Plenty of nooks and crannies in the big tank for them. Let me know when you are ready.

Brilliant! I'm glad they will be going to a good home Lindy. I've never shipped any live stock before, so you'll have to advise, haha! I'll let you know a bit closer to the time.

I'm pretty chuffed actually, i've managed to find good homes for all of my fish now :)

Lee, if I'm still on for the Paros, I could pick these up for Lindy since I was thinking of making a weekend in York of it and driving down to pick them up. I'm only 40 minutes from Lindy. Assuming she's ok with that.

Lee, if I'm still on for the Paros, I could pick these up for Lindy since I was thinking of making a weekend in York of it and driving down to pick them up. I'm only 40 minutes from Lindy. Assuming she's ok with that.

That sounds great David. I'd rather that then shipping them. Great stuff.

Once I know what's happening with the move/stripping down the tanks, I'll give you a shout.

Thanks.

Your not gonna believe it. The betta are breeding again. I'm just watching the female pass the eggs now, unbelievable. I can't see the male holding full term though. He only swallowed the last batch a few days ago.

Sorry I can't get and pics/video the lights are off at the moment and I don't want to disturb them.

Last edited:
:thumbup::thumbup: Here's hoping for better luck this time.

Cheers David! I'm not sure the male will hold full term, he hasn't had chance to recover from from the last 13 days of holding eggs. I was hoping to condition him a little more before they tried again. I'm surprised he's entertained the female at all, haha! We'll have to wait and see :)

This might be why some people separate fish while they feed them up. Could you put some plastic canvas down the middle to keep the pair apart?

This might be why some people separate fish while they feed them up. Could you put some plastic canvas down the middle to keep the pair apart?

I ordered a little sheet of acrylic yesterday Lindy, that should do the job. It should be with me in the next couple of days, the female is displaying already, poor fella, he's not having any of it.

Back