• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best CO2 atomizer / reactor?

Aeropars

Hi All,

I have 180l tank with an Eheim Pro 3 2028... lots of flow!
I'm currently using a 3 year old Up aqua Super Atomizer. I cant seem to find any links for these any more so assume they are end of life. A similar looking one is here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-co2-d...957?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41740eb065

It looks like this however the ceramic cylinder is not in-line as this on this. Its a smaller and to the left so the water ends up in the chamber and swirls around. Problem is, it build up gas very quickly and i don't seem to get great CO2 infusion without the filter spluttering out bubbles every few seconds. It gets noisy and irritating so I'm in the market for something better.

Can anyone recommend something which keeps bubbles to a minimum but offers great infusion?

Last edited:
Just switched from a Fluval diffuser to this inline one unfortunately only 12/16 left

http://www.co2art.co.uk/collections...ine-co2-atomizer-diffuser-system-12-16mm-hose

Have to say the bubbles are so much smaller than the Fluval and so far it working very well, it may be a bit more expensive but no chance of any import VAT or fee from Royal mail as the one hoggie links to is just over the £15 limit although the chance of that will probably be slim and you will be supporting a site sponsor with co2art.

Come on people, reactors are the future :)
How many threads do we see with reactor issues? None
Inline issues? Almost daily.

Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which reactor would you recommend Iain, I'm thinking of trying a reactor on my 3ft tank next scape, consistent co2 has always been elusive using an atomiser in this tank.

I'll second the reactor option. Never had a problem with a reactor except for when I dropped a cylinder on one and broke a hose barb off it. I can't imagine a diffuser would have survived the same treatment either.

As said, they also DIY easily.

Come on people, reactors are the future :)
How many threads do we see with reactor issues? None
Inline issues? Almost daily.

Just saying.

And how many people run inline and how many different types are there compared to people running reactors and almost daily, dont think so.
Anyway horses for courses.

Reactors all the way for me. My diy reactors work perfectly and no bubbles at all.
After having found a binder that allows pvc to acrylic I also have a clear reactor now which allows me to see what's going on

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

I don't understand why no- one makes any decent reactors? Apparently the Sera ones are useless. I'm not going to build this DIY. I dont fancy draining my tank onto the carpet.

I agree Sacha specially for 16/22 connection. Also what I have read you loose a lot of flow.
Suppose there's pros and cons and either the inline atomizer and the reactor it's just deciding which pros and cons you prefer..

Back