• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval 206

Got a spare 206 and was thinking off using in my 30l planted shrimp tank when it's time to flood it..will the output b to much as I think it will by along way and how do I go about reducing the output ..sorry for daft question to some but newbie ..lol

Hi Adam, I think you'll be fine with the 206, I'm using a cristalprofi 700 on a 12 liter tank at the moment, I just packed it full of filter media and ceramics, it moves the substrate a little when clean. Lilly pipes will slow the flow or if using a spraybar the holes can be enlarged to soften the flow somewhat. Hope this helps.

To reduce the flow, just lift up the little flappy lever bit* in between the inlet and outlet pipes on top of the filter. If you have a look you'll notice some little lines there which indicate flow at certain flappy lever bit* positions.

That is probably the worst description in history, but I'm hoping you catch my drift.

*Disclaimer: Flappy lever bit probably has a proper name, I just don't know it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To reduce the flow, just lift up the little flappy lever bit* in between the inlet and outlet pipes on top of the filter. If you have a look you'll notice some little lines there which indicate flow at certain flappy lever bit* positions.

That is probably the worst description in history, but I'm hoping you catch my drift.

*Disclaimer: Flappy lever bit probably has a proper name, I just don't know it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol: I'm fairly sure fluval call it the aqua stop valve, flow control lever would be another option, Wallace you should patent flappy flow stop lever, you could be onto a winner ;)

Back