• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Forsaken World (Final photo.. scape now ended)

I think that Amano and friends have find another darn way to earn money.... let's do a contest, with tons of grate aquascape pics for free, and then let's make a book with those pics and sell it to public. And let's ban to publish their own pics in other wesites to have the exclusive images, and own the rights over the book. More money for amano and his friends !! lol

Iain Sutherland said:
Most of the winning iaplc tanks have journals running, it's just the final image that shouldnt be shown and especially not published for an article.
No need to mist all your lovely photos Pedro unless you wish too :)

Iain, there are many photos a few posts away from that one ;)

I think that Amano and friends have find another darn way to earn money.... let's do a contest, with tons of grate aquascape pics for free, and then let's make a book with those pics and sell it to public. And let's ban to publish their own pics in other wesites to have the exclusive images, and own the rights over the book. More money for amano and his friends !! lol

:)
Robert, don't think that there is only commercial reasons.
It's true that the NA Party is a ritual, but that ritual is bringing people to this hobby more then any other thing. The NA Gallery and the videos they make are inspirations to everyone that enjoys Planted Aquariuns. ADA products are really good (and expensive, i know).

So... for me i can play by their rules ;)

Oh! And their rules are just not to release the photo of the contest prior to their NA Party, so there are many photos i can share (and i, like most users, share A LOT of pictures!!!).

Today was moss-trimming-day... i need a rest :nurse:
Here there are some macros from today...

20140608-day176-1.jpg

20140608-day176-2.jpg

20140608-day176-4.jpg

20140608-day176-5.jpg

20140608-day176-6.jpg

20140608-day176-7.jpg

20140608-day176-3.jpg

Some photos from last week...

Rotala Rotundifolia
20140706-1.jpg

Microsorum sp. Trident
20140706-2.jpg

Taxiphyllum sp. Spiky - big walls of moss that i made - lots of small trimming and extra careful on water changes.
20140706-3.jpg

Microsorum sp. Trident e Taxiphyllum sp. Spiky - mixed up for a more natural look.
20140706-6.jpg

In this one I like that eye of the physsa :)
20140706-4.jpg

Caridina Japonica
20140706-5.jpg

Pedro.

Last edited:

200% agree Robert

Robert, don't think that there is only commercial reasons.
It's true that the NA Party is a ritual, but that ritual is bringing people to this hobby more then any other thing. The NA Gallery and the videos they make are inspirations to everyone that enjoys Planted Aquariuns. ADA products are really good (and expensive, i know).

So... for me i can play by their rules ;)

Oh! And their rules are just not to release the photo of the contest prior to their NA Party, so there are many photos i can share (and i, like most users, share A LOT of pictures!!!).

Pedro, if the ialpc is for
bringing people to this hobby more then any other thing
why they don't release the aquarium shots after the NA Party for free in their website? Because they prefer to sell the images people send and make more money , that's why.

Thanks guys.

António, let's think about this for a little...
1) No one is forced to apply;
2) Pictures are only not allowed to the public until de NA Party, afterwards can be published.
3) That only applies to the photo sent to the contest. One takes many on that day and can be posted!
4) It's a pleasure for 99% of the people having their photo on the book. Who cares if the book is printed and sold? It's not such a bunch of money. We spent lots more money on aquariums...

Pedro.

Pedro, they do what they do best - make money. No problem with that but don't say that they do it for "bringing more people for the hobby" as result of the contest. As you know there are more contests who trully deserve those words because they are pleased to show what people send and furthermore most actually ads the jury's words so not only the owners but everybody else can learn from their words.

Common sense is good to analyze these things.
They do make money. Good for them.

Obviously there are other extremely important and interesting competitions, but none of them so famous. It is a fact.
Is this the best one? I don't even care :D

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the time i took for some updates.
This one made a IAPLC 2014 #111 and GAPLC 2014 #23.
Some remarks from the GAPLC jury:

carta-gaplc-2014.jpg

And this was the shot sent to the contests:

aqua300l-iaplc2014-2048.jpg

Meanwhile i already took it down last weekend. Time for another one...

20141025-1.jpg

20141025-2.jpg

And below the surface all was ok and was disassembled very good.

20141025-3.jpg

20141025-4.jpg

20141025-5.jpg

Congrats on your competition rankings Pedro, well deserved!

The comment on the ferns and anubias is harsh, I agree that they slightly detract from it as a landscape BUT as an aquarium (as it should be!) they add a whole other texture and layer of complexity.

Great stuff and a real shame to see it go.

Back