• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

20000 k light tubes

Victor

Hi, guys! I've bought 2 pink light tubes with 20000 k each one. This color temperature is suitable to good plants growth? Thank you.

Last edited:
Nearly any light will make your plants grow. Don't care about this. Just switch them on and see if you like how the plants and animals look like

Jordi

Well warm white (with a pink or yellow tinge) are 2000-4000k. Most people prefer the look of 6500k over a planted aquarium. Many marine aquarists prefer blue (14000-20000k) so their corals fluoresce.

The light you linked will grow plants, but the important question is will you enjoy how it makes your plants look? I can't answer this for you but I personally prefer the look of 6500k.

Having read this thread and looked at the link where the tubes were being sold, Personally I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

If you want some proper long lasting bulbs try the jbl I was impressed, I happen to have 2 X 438mm new ones here I'm not using ;) I was happy with them but had to buy a maxspect razor asthere tarty.

The pink lights that I'm using looks a lot more dim than the comercial lights (6500 k). But to the plants there is no difference? Only the human eye reliazes the pink/red light more dark?

Plants can grow in conditions from deep shade to scorching direct sunlight under a wide gamut of colours. They have various systems available depending on the resources available to them. Nature will overcome so it's more about your preferred colour rendition - what you view as accurate or just like to see.

A mixture of 6500k and 3-4000k makes a nice colour spread and is a good place to start.

How many tubes can you have over your tank?

I think you're going to have to mix and match. Maybe get a 10000k, a 6500k as well as a 3200k and play about until you are happy

Some further reading about light/colour might be useful :bookworm:

Oh it might be useful to know what sort of lighting you have in the room where the tank is. They all give off different tones. It's a slight chance but It might be adding to your issues

Back