• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Red Cherry Shrimp Tank 20l!

GreenGrow

Another little journal to hopefully interest some of you!

Tank specks are

Dennerle 20l
11w dennerle light
ADA Amazonia powder
Redmoor wood/sticks

Flora
Needle leaf java fern
Christmas moss
Anubias nana
(All supplied by UKAPS members!)

Am trying to figure out the layout and was hoping for some help?!

Maybe like this? But with the substrate banked up in the corner abit more??

ypady2e9.jpg

With the plants sort of like this and moss in the foreground??

bu3e7ynu.jpg

Thanks guys!

The layout is good but the needle leaf looks too big. Is that your foot?

Bit of a bad picture but I'll throw it up anyway. Tank is fully grown in now. Turns out there was pelia in the Xmas moss so it has turned into a really nice combination carpet/bush. Will upload a better picture soon. Also added some floating plants

hytuda3u.jpg

Quick update with some photos. Will take some better ones when I have the time.

Have added CRS and CBS and they are breeding away!! So happy and this is now my favourite tank. So much happening at once!

Also added a vertical root system to maximise the height of the tank as before the upper spaces were a bit wasted. Now there is lots of activity happening at all levels of the tank!

c6b6e7a3cc1d25a56d6e1b998cd2fd51.jpg

0b4a9eb85be20093f323fc850d2abde5.jpg

3d368c0524bc2c263a8805e730799979.jpg

As with my other tanks unfortunately I am looking to sell over the next 7 weeks or so as I'll be going into the army at the beginning of May.

Ideally I'd like to sell this tank as a whole as splitting up the breeding colony would be heartbreaking after all the work that's gone into it.

If anyone is interested; wing me a message and we can chat.

As always any thoughts are more than welcomed.

Thanks for looking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,
Also added a vertical root system to maximise the height of the tank as before the upper spaces were a bit wasted. Now there is lots of activity happening at all levels of the tank!
I like the vertical root, and the shrimp and the tank looks really good as well. I'm probably biased because all my tanks eventually end up as "Java fern, moss and floaters" jungles too.

cheers Darrel

Back