• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TMC 400 Mini Tile Light Spread

MikeC1408

I'm looking at putting the above light on my tank. The tank is 31cm deep and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the spread of light would be like if I attach it using the single mounteray bracket.

The tank is 45cm wide (dennerle scaper) and I'm wondering if I'll get dark corners or will the light spread be suffiecient to cover the whole tank at that height.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply.

Mine is 45w*36d*31h It's the height that concerns me as I don't really have other options on suspending the tile above the tank. You've got an extra 12cm in height and 7cm less width.

Hopefully someone has put one above this tank, will have to wait and see

If you're using that tile, you don't need to worry about spread, trust me. You need to be more concerned with light intensity. Controllers are a must have with these tiles, unless you can use something else to lower the brightness.

My cube is 40cm wide and one of these is more than enough, although I have 2 because of a large piece of hardscape in the center.

Hi Julian, yes. Controller is in my list so I can reduce the output.

As my tank is only 31cm high and 45 wide just wanted to see if all the tank would be covered. Suppose I can always change to a MMS rail and add another tile later if required.

Have seen that but due to the tanks position I would need the upright to screw to the too if a desk.

Will have think about it tomorrow, sure I have seen something that would work in kitchen fittings.

Worked out a possible solution as I typed that. Will look at stage stands for carp fishing.

Back