• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First time co2 user

As above is there any links I can read before a start using co2 had a look but didn't see anythink apologise if I missed one ..got a fe setup going in a 200 ltr tank just want to know do's and donts before I start ?

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/setting-up-a-higher-tech-planted-tank.1275/
Heres a few to get you started
If theres livestock in the tank start low and build up to higher levels
Make any adjustments slowly and if increasing levels of co2 in the tank make sure your around to monitor your livestock.
I've just done a ph profile on my tank, note the delay in my drop checker
My water is fairly soft and if you had the same ph drop in hard water eg. London tapwater you would probably kill your fish
Cube ph/co2 profile

1200 ph 7.3 blue
1300 Co2 on ph 7.3 blue
1800 Lights on ph 5.9 blue/green
1900 ph 5.9 green
2000 ph 5.9 lime green
2100 co2 off ph 5.9 lime green
2200 ph 6.2 lime green
2300 ph 6.4 lime green
2330 lights off ph 6.5 green
0000 ph 6.7 green
0030 ph 6.8 green
0600 ph 7.4
Finally 200l is quite a large tank so concider using a reactor like foxfish's diy or a pair of up inline diffusers or you might struggle to get enough co2 dissolved into your tank

I have one inline diffuser so u recon I need one more .
I couldn't say for sure but i have read about a couple of users not being able to lower ph enough just with one but there could have been other factors, eg temperature,flow and distribution etc, adding to their difficulties. You will know better once you start using and adjusting your co2 and you can get co2 gear delivered quite quickly if you need to

Just looking at a reactor , thanx so much for ur help pal..a lot to take in..lol

Back