• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Growing glosso

Just wondered can you grow glosso in a propergator and if so how easy/hard is it..in growing hc Cuba dsm now in my shrimp tank ..

Yeah you can mate, quite easily, but i've found it grows almost like a stem plant in my propagators, let's see what the others say.

When I had it growing it went like wild fire. Every day I see it get bigger and bigger. Simply and easy just need good light. I had it grow in a 1ft tank with a 36w cfl.

Cheer
Ryan[DOUBLEPOST=1406717259][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah you can mate, quite easily, but i've found it grows almost like a stem plant in my propagators, let's see what the others say.
Hi dominic

I had the same problem until I switch to a bigger light

Sounds good fellas like to grow it then transfer to my big tank ..think I'll give it a go...as delboy would say..'he who dares Rodney '

I use natural sunlight though legytt, isnt that the strongest you can get? However it is on the windowsill so is probably getting that effect from trying to grow towards the window...

I use natural sunlight though legytt, isnt that the strongest you can get? However it is on the windowsill so is probably getting that effect from trying to grow towards the window...
im not sure as I never try one at the windowsill. I sure sunlight would be enough to grow but like you said some stem plants grow toward the sun. I sent some amania bonsai to big clown and it grew great but rotala not so great. i use a reflector on my light and glosso grew a carpet in no time.

cheers
ryan

ahh i see man fair enough, i'm just chucking together a few low-maintenance 'storage crate planters' together and leaving them outside and placing a few of my spare trimmings in there to see how things get on! :) hoping to grow one full of HC or glosso!

Your telling me! How i long for one of those beautiful, perfect, cleanly cut iwagumis, and some space for one -_- haha

Your telling me! How i long for one of those beautiful, perfect, cleanly cut iwagumis, and some space for one -_- haha
Like these one lol

Hc
20140310_183355.jpg

20140529_002858.jpg

20140529_235244.jpg

Glosso
20140113_003011.jpg

20140204_000938.jpg

Sorry adam for hi jacking the tread

Back