• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First Time Pressurized c02 Buyer.

R1ch13

Hey!

I have had my mind set on buying the D&D c02 kit from AE for some time now.

I know i want to eventually move onto using FEs after seeing Dan sells them on here.

So my question is, could i use all the D&D equipment on a FE?

I know that you can definaltely buy an adapter that allows the D&D reg to be used with refillable bottles.

Would this work on an FE?

If not, ive seen alot of good being said about lunapet and their regs and solenoids...

So they would be my next choice. I can find the regulator fine, but i cant find the solenoid.

Im also not sure on the price because i dont speak german and know nothingg about euros haha

I want to try and keep the c02 side of things cheap, but not cheap enough that im going to have to replace it right away.

Im trying to sort out my budget to get an Arcadia 120cm overtank luminaire.

So any help and advice would be very helpful.

Richie

Thanks buddy.

I took a look through that but im a dumb ass and dont know whats good and whats not lol

What combination do you use?

If you could give me a good reliable combo of equipment to buy that has a good rep id be very very greatful

Thanks so much mate...

So if i was to buy them and stick them on a FE from Dan there should be no problems assuming i havent messed up the installation :p ?

Im going to buy a rhinox 2000 to diffuse c02

Should be quite a quality set up eh? :D

Thanks alot

Richie

R1ch13 said:
If not, ive seen alot of good being said about lunapet and their regs and solenoids...

So they would be my next choice. I can find the regulator fine, but i cant find the solenoid.

Im also not sure on the price because i dont speak german and know nothingg about euros haha
Sorry to interrupt. Just to cover the Lunapet stuff - this is the solenoid:

http://www.lunapet.de/product_info.php?products_id=56

You'll find all the individual CO2 parts under the "CO2 Zubehör" menu. The sets are under the "CO2 Anlagen" menu.

I don't speak German either but BabelFish is your friend, even if it speaks pigeon English.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

Here's the first paragraph from the solenoid - enough to figure out what's going on.

CO2 is the structure substance for your aquatic plants. Nearly half of the Trockensubstanz of plants is carbon which aquatic plants out in the water solved CO2 refer. In the aquarium there is hardly natural supplies of this important structure material, therefore should be fertilized for sumptuous plant stature with CO2.
I'm wanting some of that "sumptuous plant stature"! :lol:

For the currency conversion, here's one of many ...

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Thanks alot San-Ho-Zay!

But i just bought the aquatic magic solenoid and reg etc that Aaron recommended.

Ive seen a few good reveiws about it.

Ill be setting up many many more planted tanks in the future so your advice is very helpful

Thanks alot buddy :)

Man!

I saw a post a few days ago and it was talking you through putting together a FE c02 system and now i cant find it.

If anyone has the time to give me the link id be very greatful

And that should be all my questions covered for today.... I hope ;) hahaha

Richie

Back