• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Such a great site!

Simo

Seedling
Using the internet is like panning for gold. I spend hours sifting, and just occasionally I find something that is much more than I was looking for.
I had a flatmate 20 years ago who had a beautiful tank and big Amano book - and I was blow away.

Getting fully involved is still a long way off for me, due to the financial costs of starting from scratch, but I've persuaded the school I teach at to let me have a coldwater tank. I'm going to use it for newts, and am having so much enjoyment setting up an extremely low-budget environment for them. It's my first stab at all aspects of aesthetic/naturalistic composition and learning about plants.
I'm totally hooked already.
My question to you all is.... How do you stop at one tank?

You will learn to love the world of nano aquariums with your attitude :)
Iifits cost your concerned about why dont you look into emersed growing?
Can cost nothing if you try hard enough

lol welcome the discus for my third tank come on tuesday :) . many on here have far far more and then the tanks get.............bigger.......and biger lol :)

Haha! I should have asked, 'How do you stop at one tank and are you all single?'
My wife is already telling me off; 'Why do you keep looking at your tank? Are you listening to me?..' ;)

Oh, for another foot and an extra grand...

My wife is already telling me off;

It's at least comforting that someone else is in the same place as me... whenever any MTS symptoms appear they are suppressed immediately by a quick dose of MWS (Moody Wife Syndrome). I've been raising the idea of a twin tank for months with no progress what so ever. Hmmm, actually there's a little space in the under stairs cupboard for a secret stash of nanos:shh:

I'm always forcing myself to reduce the number tanks in my bedroom. Now I have 3 :) But while reducing the number, I'm planning to increase the volume of my main tank :)

Actually the problem is not the number of tanks you have. The problem is to have an understanding wife or gf :) Plus, you have time or not for those tanks.

Back