• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bacteria bloom?

liam11712

Ive just had a look at my tank after putting some elodea in the far right last night, but have noticed what looks like dust particles in the water is this a bacteria bloom? Hope someone can help

bybu4y6u.jpg

Could it be particles from the substrate after being disturbed when you planted the Elodea? In any case if you are worried just perform a water change and things should turn out fine.

p.s I wouldn't call it a bacterial bloom from your picture.

Thanks ill perform a WC but the substrate had settled thats why I was thinking bacterial bloom lol but hopefully not

Bacterial blooms generally give a slight smoky haze to the water but the particles are too small to see with the naked eye. Particulate hazing from disturbed substrate should settle with a day (I suppose this can depend on flow) if it doesn't it may be a bloom. But not all bacterial blooms are bad, beneficial bacteria can bloom if more of its nutrients are available in the tank and providing these nutrients get used up the bloom should subside over a few days.

Thanks just wanted to double check will keep an eye on it

Back