• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[FoF] October 2008

Great job on the stand Dan .... Sorry I couldnt get down, work commitments im afraid :( maybe next year.

It's been an amazing weekend! Very good fun, a little hard work yesterday and Friday (I was on donkey duty with Clark and John carting water about, amongst other things). Everyone who came up to the stand was really quite impressed I feel. The thing for me was seeing the opti-white cubes in the flesh. I really hadn't apreciated just how much difference the opti-white makes. They looked simply stunning!

Saturday night was a great laugh. Great food and even greater company. I have a particular photo which I might auction off in return for donations to the site. Some serious lovin' going on eh' Dan? :lol: Graeme might not forgive me though :twisted:

It seemed pretty quiet today though. Not nearly as busy as Saturday. I think the great weather meant people were more inclined to go to the beach! Shame I couldn't be around to help break the stand down but we had to get back.

I have a load of photos to post too. I'll sort them out tomorrow, as I'm lucky enough to have the day off!

UKAPS baby!

Awesome!

was a great weekend, the tanks were of course amazing. roll on next year!

Hey Lozbug, I recognise the logo in your avatar now! Which of the lovely ladies in blue T-shirts were you?

I think if there's one other thing I've learnt from the show, it's how much work has gone into this, and the society in general behind the scenes as such. All the sponsorship and equipement the guys managed to get for the stand was impressive to say the least!

I'm still proud of doing my bit and scoring a couple of bumble bee shrimp from the lovely louisa from The Snail Shop for one of the tanks. Did they go back to her in the end?

Hey Lozbug, I recognise the logo in your avatar now! Which of the lovely ladies in blue T-shirts were you?

The one Graeme looked to be eyeing up :lol: :p

I have a particular photo which I might auction off in return for donations to the site. Some serious lovin' going on eh' Dan? :lol: Graeme might not forgive me though :twisted:

Do it do it do it!!! :lol:

Yeah, thanks for a great weekend guys! Totally nackered, and have a sore throat now from singing Queen full blast all the way down the A14!! :rolleyes:

Looaaaaads of photos tomorrow!!

Tom

What a great stand, a true testiment to the guys the design and their hard work in setting it up.

A special thanks to Graeme for answering a number of questions I had. Graeme during our discussion on bacterial blooms what was the name of the filter media you mentioned to replace the ceramic rings in my EHEIM?

Hi all

Many many many thanks for coming to the stand. Cant thank Hellen ( Egmal ) Steve ( SteveUK ), Clark ( Superman ) Tom ( Tom Messanger ) Lorran ( Lozbug ) and the Daddy of UKaps.....Farther John Starkey. You where all a great help, and you really helped us lighten the load, me and Dan are very gratefully for all your help, and for making sure me and Dan didn't wither away by fetching food and drink for us, your all stars.

I think, but im going to say this.....we stole the show as far as WOW factor goes. We had a much bigger stand but I wouldn't say prime location. The numbers of public where disappointing, but the people who where there loved UKAPS.
The 3 nano displays was a good move, and help draw people in.

2nd and 3rd for the society furnished aquariums is quite respectable given the the cutting edge design we presented - Scaped at the end of a very long day at around midnight.

People where very interested in the comparisons of the opti white, and as Steve has pointed out, its more than obvious when you can compare it to float glass when face to face.

We did our best to promote and big up the sponsors too.
And again, thanks Steve for pointing out.Doing just this show alone takes a lot or organising, allot of polite and friendly emails to big brands and companies for support and help, and if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't of had as much to display, so many thanks to them. More emails to write and say thank you, jeez im getting mouse elbow! lol

Really nice to meet the odd member who could make it too, and who came over to say hi, some of which joined from seeing us last year, so I hope we get many more as a result.

Terry, it was a pleasure to talk to you. The product I mentioned was SERA Syporax. You can get it in rings or as a crushed granular form...go for the granular. I know TGM sell it, but im not sure about the other companies. Failing that, get your self more Ehime Bio balls and make sure that the water that passes over them is the last part of the filtration cycle. I use filter wool before my biological media and after all my mechanical and chemical medias.The biological filtration should be that last stage and the water its cleanest as it passes through.
Glad to help you Terry.

Cheers,
Graeme.

Not sure what Graeme advised, but Eheim Effisubstrate/Effisubstrate Pro is sintered glass media and is very good. I believe EasyLife do a good one too, but the name escapes me.

Glad you had a good time :)

SteveUK said:

:D short brown hair... i got invloved with a bit of the planting... i'll be uploading my pictures this evening. :)

Was good too meet you guys, John, Steve, Dan, Graeme, Tom & Clark, some I have met before and the others was good too put faces too names !!!!!
Your stand looked great guys, and thanks for the help in sorting my discus tank out !!!!!
From a discus side of things we had a great show with some amazing fish on display, I was knackered when I got home last night and had one of the best nights sleep for ages !!!!!!!

Well done guys, the stand looked great, the tanks looked great and it looks like you all had a fantastic time.

Mark and I were thinking of you as we stood," pining for the Fijords" behind the counter here at TGM.

A big slap on the back for all the hard work, time, dedication and passion displayed so clearly by each and every one of you BRAVO !

All the very best,

Jim and Mark.

Back