• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 system working pressure

Co2 needs to be stood upright so liquid co2 doesnt come through your reg and into the pipework.
Not quite, there is a dip tube in FE's so that when used as an FE liquid comes out when "fired". Mine ran for months on its side parked in a magazine rack, no problem.
extinguisher.jpg

Liquid CO2 getting into the regulator is not an issue as CO2 it taken off at such a low rate, ie 4 months to empty compare to 20 seconds for a fire.

If you want to take that chance thats your choice, personally im not going to risk £120 worth of reg maybe if it were some crappy chinese on i'd probably take that chance. It doesnt matter to me because i can get a 5kg upright in my cabinet
Like you say in the small amounts we use theres enough room for the co2 evaporate before it gets to the reg in a fe dip tube and if laid down with outlet pointing up theres enough room between the fe and reg body for that evaporation to happen. What happens when the liquid can run downhill freely into the reg, eg. if it gets knocked accidentally or other half moves it when your not around, does it still not happen? Are you prepared to try it?

I tried it. Remove outlet pipe, turn on solenoid on regulator. Masses of gas escapes, but most importantly regulator does not get cold, I assume any liquid CO2 has turned to gas way before it gets near the regulator, it certainly has to pass via the massive heat capacity of the FE valve first.

Back