• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

expired co2 ok to use ?

weareqpr

Seedling
Hi guys,

are expired co2 extinguishers ok to use? my work are replacing theirs and i can take a few

regards

I think they should be fine. The pressure and ammount of CO2 in each unit may vary but the CO2 itself doens't go bad.

Check the cylinder for visual signs of decay. Especially around the valve. If it's got any rust, don't use it.

I am using a 10 year out of date extinguisher at the moment and I haven't blown the house up yet.

wicked cheers guys ! :) will a jbl proflora reg just bolt straight on a extinguisher ?

Unfortunately the CO2 does go off. The half life of a proton is greater than 2.1×1029 years, thus will eventually decay away. Mind you so will the water in your tank, stand and pump :D

Check you can dispose of empty cylinders. Some FE places will take empty ones back and some local tips will take them, but a lot won't so you will be stuck with empty cylinders.

ian i'm only going to grab two the missus will kill me if i come home with a load lol

Check you can dispose of empty cylinders. Some FE places will take empty ones back and some local tips will take them, but a lot won't so you will be stuck with empty cylinders.

I put my empties in my neighbours wheelie bin hahahahahaha

I've got over 30 empties, hopefully one day i'll find some time and a reasonable re-fill station!

If anyone is interest and local I have a lot of full 2kgs which you can have for a tenner each. I've had to give up posting them after a few courier drivers got a shock LOL

Back