• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintlys opti white take 2

it happen to me all the time
because my local lfs grows the crypts emmersed so when they are plunked into water they lose their emerged leaves and form submersed leaves

ive noticed that emersed leaves are more green and rounded then more rough subsmersed leaves

Mark, just out of interest where did you get those crypts from as they are pretty big already..

Aqua Essentials maybe? I got my Crypts from there and they were massive. That might be why they didn't melt - because they were grown submersed at AE.

Ark said:
Mark, just out of interest where did you get those crypts from as they are pretty big already..

MA @ east bridgford. they were submersed so im guessing (and it is only a guess) that they should be ok. there about fully grown too. not the ones at the front. they grow to about 10cm, so the ticket says.

aaronnorth said:
here we go again :lol:

thats me ;) you'll grow to like it soon aaron.

after an hour or so the waters clear, co2 on full charge easycarbo, lighting 6 hours P/d set to rock and roll.

Thomas McMillan said:
I would definately say yes to the Anubias

in it shall go then ;)

looking good...its a fantastic piece of wood.

I really like the positioning of the larger gravel, it seems like it's been there for ages. The colour seems to blend with the sand too.

lovely...

C

JAmesM said:
Looking great Mark :D

cheers matey. this is going to be painful watching the slow growth plants. :wideyed:

chump54 said:
I really like the positioning of the larger gravel, it seems like it's been there for ages. The colour seems to blend with the sand too.

it was fun putting it together too. i want to try and creat something in the 120 optiwhite. but REALLY go to town on it. after having a conversation with jim @ TGM and even by looking at what some of the Asian scapers too, there's a tenancy now to pay particular detail to foreground detail. im a long way off something award winning but there steps in the right direction.

heres the tank now the waters cleared....ive added the Anubias and Microsorum pteropus 'Windeløv. they dont sit right with me neither does the moss on the wood to be honest. i thought about attaching the anubias that i have to the wood near the top, but im not really sure. i know when everything grows in things will look much better. i just cant wait. like george said in a previous thread, small tank for practising and big tank for the long haul....

drop checkers blue cus i just changed the water!

anyway,

87151b81.jpg

Nice looking piece of wood Mark, tank is coming along nicely, just not sure on the planting either.
Hardscape looks spot on. I wouldn't put anything on the top of the wood, just maybe around the base at the front, anubias petit might look nice ;)

LondonDragon said:
just not sure on the planting either.

i know. ive planted everything according to height. im taking the moss off the wood. the wood is strong enough on its own i think.

i was thinking about using as little plants as pos. keep things simple. e tennelus. vallis bit of hc. im not really a fan of crypts :?

You've just got to give it time, Mark. It's only what? The second day? All of the plants except for maybe the Vallis and HC are slow growers so just sit back, relax and enjoy slow and peaceful ride!

I reckon the moss should say though. Looks cool how it is now but if it gets too out of hand then it won't look right.

Patience, patience Mark - I like this "stump in the forest" scape. Your initial arrangement looks good to me - I see the stump with mossy highlights, the jungle backdrop and the contrasting grain sizes in the foreground - its nice. You've not even got emersed crypt leaves yet - give it a month and see what you think then. As the faster stuff grows the crypts will vanish into the jungle...

quick update.

well, the crypts are melting. but from the base of certain plants there are signs of new leafs coming up. e tennelus has runners coming from everywhere 1 in particular is 3 inches :D . and the hc as usual growing strong. TBH im not surprised at the e tennelus and hc, as they were only out the tank/ substrate for 24 hours and then re planted.

so i guess im in for the long ride folks. im needing my new tank so i can play in the sand again :lol:

Back