• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

snail symptoms

EnderUK

Okay my snails are acting strange. One of my nerites have gone into hiding while the other remains active. Both my sulawesi snails have gone into hibernation mode and there a a couple of MST snails inactive on top fo the substrate.

I noticed this started about 4-5 days ago with the MST, then on friday the sulawesi and nerite went inactive. There's no smell coming from the snails, the shrimp and fish seem fine. I'm worried there was some snail pesticide on some cucumber I put in last week. after washing it. However I would of thought that both nerites would of been effective and the snails would of been dead pretty quickly.

Am I just being paranoid? Could be that they're now hibernating with the lowered temeprature and having a big feed? Many thanks.

My nerites do this sometimes one of them digs into the substrate and goes missing and the other will just go still for a while just keep an eye on them but should be fine

After you posted this I checked my tank as I had not seen either of mine for two days after I put them in my holding tank

a95397e694043950c1de6caf2212e0ec.jpg

Bad picture but they have been like this since I last saw them lol

Well the nerites are now both moving around on the glass so I'm sure they're okay. The sulawesi are still were they've been since the beginning of the weekend and I'm hoping that they're just inactive and it's just the large drop in temperature that has happen over the the last couple of weeks.

Back